Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Having my Hamodia daily newpaper stolen every Monday!!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:50 am
I have bee having my Hamodia daily newspaper stolen every Monday since the summer. Firstly, my child's bus comes over an hour later in the summer versus during the schoold year. Also, my neighbor on my same floor (not in an apartment building) has their cleaning lady on Monday mornings. She comes at 8 am. In the summer my child's bus came at 9:15/9:30. This year my child's bus does not come in front of the house.
Until this week I was never able to "prove" my theroy that their cleaning lady was taking my Hamodia newspaper. Today, I came down to take my child to the bus stop that is 2 blocks away and the Hamodia daily newpaper is on the floor in a yellow bag and the cleaning lady is waitng for her boss to arrive (the woman works out of the house very early in the morning, so the husband lets the cleaning lady in at 8 am after the husband comes home from shul) I came back 10 minutes later to find the Hamodia newspaper gone and the cleaning lady gone too.
So, I knocked on my neighbors door and let the husband know what is going on and that I belive that the cleaning lady took my newspaper. He asked me why I didn't take the newspaper with me when I went to my child's bus stop 2 blocks away? then he told me why the cleaning lady would need the jewish newpaper and that he himself only reads the weekend one.
He said that he did not see the newpaper when he came to let her in, but the wife did see it in the morning (he was on the phone with the wife when I knocked on their door).
I don't know why the cleaning lady wants the newspaper? maybe for the classifieds?
and I don't care if she just took it and threw it in the garbage, but I MOST DEFINITELY am very ANNOYED of this when it just keeps on happening and then when I can prove it they don't care to do anything about it!!!

This is just a vent!!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:53 am
Nebach, who would steal a HAMODIA? That's like being desperate for a mezuza or esrog. Maybe offer to buy her a subscription and deduct it from maaser?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:04 am
I should buy the cleaning lady a subscription?
I was thinking of not renewing my subscription when it runs out soon because of the dissapearing issue, but I need to weekend on
so, maybe I will just renew the weekend part
but it is sooo aggrevating especially since I saw it and then it dissapeared withing 10 minutes and she was the only one that was there. it was gone by the time the husband arrived. WIERD. and he still thinks the cleaning lady had nothing to do with it. then who took it while she was waiting there?? noone else uses the same door only me and the neighbor with the cleaning lady.
so if she didn't take it tell me who did!!!

sorry, I am just very fustrated now!!!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:06 am
I thought mine was being stolen, but it was being blown down the block by the wind. Seriously. Hamodia, specifically.

pina colada

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:07 am
why would she read a Jewish newspaper?

perhaps she think its theirs and brings it in to them?

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:29 am
and mine was being taken by the mentally ill guy from the home next door....now they send me 2 everyday and he leaves it....

Sherri

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 6:51 am
bnm wrote:
and mine was being taken by the mentally ill guy from the home next door....now they send me 2 everyday and he leaves it....

It's funny that now that he has one he doesn't take it (typical, huh), but I think it's so nice of them to send you 2.
Quite impressive!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 8:26 am
Op here:
my hamodia stopped being stolen. I am not sure if she stopped because I told my neighbor infront of her that it is being stolen or that my child's bus comes a few minutes earlier which is before she arrives.
in either case I'm glad I still receive my hamodia.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 8:53 am
bnm wrote:

Maybe that man stopped taking it because they finished running their excellent series about mental illness What

bnm

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 10:03 am
past few weeks I'm not getting any. since I got back from the country service is erratic...I'm so tempted to cancel my subscription...........

pina colada

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
Op here:
my hamodia stopped being stolen. I am not sure if she stopped because I told my neighbor infront of her that it is being stolen or that my child's bus comes a few minutes earlier which is before she arrives.
in either case I'm glad I still receive my hamodia.

so sad to think that someone would stoop so low as to steal a newspaper
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics