Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you bathe your kid after ever time they use the bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

do you bathe after each bathroom?
of course!!  
 0%  [ 0 ]
only after a dirty  
 9%  [ 6 ]
what? are you nuts? never!!!  
 90%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 62

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:32 am
Baby wipes is what I use for kiddos. Exclamation And ask her if thats what she does personally Twisted Evil

Mishie

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 2:50 am
I give my 2.5 yr. old a bath when he has a dirty diaper.
And, also my 1 yr. old, if it's messy!

I can't wait for my 2.5 yr. old to be out of diapers already!!!!
His third birthday is coming up soon, and we told him that he's gonna get a Kippa and Tzitzis and he's also gonna wear underpants - just like a big boy!
He seems very excited about it when we discuss it, but - so far - No Luck!!!

I'm gonna give him some more time before I bring it up again...
Maybe he's just not ready......

8)

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 3:57 am
This woman obviously has obsessive compulsive disorder. No need to be too much of a professional to diagnose that on her! However, she does need help!!!!! Is this what your husband grew up with?? In fact, most pediatricians do not recommend a complete bath for babies every day, as it dries the skin. My older kids of course get bathed once a day.

shelly

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 4:22 am
It might be a culture thing. Is she from Europe ?

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 12:27 pm
Quote:
In fact, most pediatricians do not recommend a complete bath for babies every day, as it dries the skin. My older kids of course get bathed once a day.

I do actually believe and recommend bathing babys and children little ones daily you don't kniw where they've been and their hands etc dop travel plus their hair has thir lunch and possibly supper in it too Twisted Evil . I put soft moisturizing bubbles so it doesn't dry out their skin. But nope I don't believe in bathing them hourly Tongue Out

didan

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 12:39 pm
B"H

Of course you need to bathe your baby when they use the bathroom!!! And also when they play in the mud, or if they colored with markers and their fingers are dirty, or if the licked the batter from the chocolate cake and it's smeared all over their face!!

It's not enough to just wash their face! It's not enough to just wash their hands! Chocolate germs may have spread! You need to invest in a foreverhotwater.com water heater so you'll never need to worry about a cold bath and you'll be able to bathe your kids 7 or 8 times a day, or as many times as they need!

This is a necessity!!!

And don't worry about drying out their skin, it's a lot better to have dry cracked skin that have horrible germs from magic markers on their fingers!!!!!

And yes, you yourself need to bathe that often as well. Showers just don't do the trick. As far as what to do with your kids while your in the tub all day, you absolutely must invest in a live-in babysitter who will be there and make sure to bathe the kids if they use the bathroom while you're in the tub. Oh, and speaking of which, you also need to make sure you have more than one tub, just in case your child needs a bath while you're bathing.

I hope everyone reading this realizes I'm being sarcastic:)

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:34 pm
I meant the newborns.

miriam

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:49 pm
didan wrote:
B"H
I hope everyone reading this realizes I'm being sarcastic:)

I am actually glad you wrote this b/c sarcasm doesn't always work on this website Wink

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 5:24 pm
happyone wrote:
My older kids of course get bathed once a day.

why "of course"? countless healthy and happy (and clean) children don't bathe every day and do just fine

amother

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 5:56 pm
oddly enough my DH was not raised this way. he is laughing at the whole thing and says we should just tranform our playroom into many tubs and shower stalls.
so now how do I tell her this? or do I not bother...

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 6:14 pm
since your husband wasn't raised this way and he survived, then HE (not you) can tell his mother that he trusts that your children will also survive without being bathed that often!

at what age did she acquire this mishugaas and what prompted it? Confused

happy2beme

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 12:32 pm
u should print out everyone's responses & show it to your mil (of course block out the name of website- we don't need her joining this site Smile & say look at how many people never heard of such a thing- im not the only one.
seriously, either u r exaggerating, ur mil was playing an april fools joke or she's just completely off the wall. it's just not feasible to do that.
maybe she has hemorrhoids & the dr told her to do that for herself to relieve her symptoms.. I dont know. but for a regular healthy person or child it's just not possible.

baby's mom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 7:40 pm
this thread is hilarious!! Rolling Laughter

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 9:18 am
Quote:
seriously, either u r exaggerating, ur mil was playing an april fools joke or she's just completely off the wall.

So now which one is it Twisted Evil

chen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:16 am
You're not the one with a problem; your mil is.

Our pediatrician told us that even for diaper babies, as long as we change the diapers frequently and clean the diaper area at each change, a daily bath is not necessary. and certainly not after every visit to the loo!

didan, Rolling Laughter

Know what I find fascinating about mental disorders? How many people can develop the same mishegas! You'd think that every person would develop his own unique disorder, but, alas, even then there is rarely if ever such a thing as true originality. As bizarre as someone's behavior may seem, there is almost always a whole population that manifests the same sort of behavior.

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:20 am
happy2beme wrote:
for a regular healthy person or child it's just not possible.

possible?! but if it was, you'd do it?

how about "it's just not necessary, desirable, or normal"?

happy2beme

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:38 am
Quote:
Motek Posted: Tue, Apr 25 2006, 9:20 am Post subject: Re: re: do you bathe your kid after ever time they use the b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

happy2beme wrote:
for a regular healthy person or child it's just not possible.

possible?! but if it was, you'd do it?

how about "it's just not necessary, desirable, or normal"?

I wouldn't do it even if it was possible since it's not good for the skin & a waste of time. but my point was even if someone wanted to do it - it's just not possible. for a person who has doctors orders than ok, they have to make time to do it, but for a regular healthy person who wants to do it on their own volation it's just not possible - there aren't enough hours in the day. so yes, the word I prefer to use is not possible.
[/I]

realeez

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 12:28 pm
chen wrote:
but, alas, even then there is rarely if ever such a thing as true originality.

My dh is doing psychiatry residency and I have heard many stories that are definitely "original!"

mumsy23

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 12:42 pm
A bath every time the baby makes is definitely different. But I wash my baby's tushy every time I change her diaper. Instead of using wipes I just carry her over to the bathroom sink and wash her tush with soap and water. She is 16 months and I have been doing it ever since she was born! My mother taught me to do that and my Dr. approves. (he says washing is better than wiping for the skin). It sounds crazy to a lot of people, but I am so used to it and it takes me almost the same amount of time as wiping.

What do you think?

didan

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 12:46 pm
B"H

mumsy23 wrote:
But I wash my baby's tushy every time I change her diaper. Instead of using wipes I just carry her over to the bathroom sink and wash her tush with soap and water.

I think this is excellent actually - a lot healthier than the chemicals in baby wipes. (And actually, my pediatrician, very mainstream, advised to use wipes not more than once a day, and other times to wash baby with warm water.)

We did that with our babies until about a year when the diapers began getting more graphic, then we switched to using baby wipes.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics