Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Classic music

bgk

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 3:21 pm
My 6 year old son is learning violin - and he is very good in it, the teacher said he is very talented. Also he likes to hear music. I took him to classic music concerts- little kids were playing different instruments. He REALLY enjoid it and he asked me to take him to more concerts like that.
MY husband is not against music lessons, but he is against classic music concerts, even so it's just kids playing. He said in Shulchan Oruch written that we cannot hear goishe music.
And now I'm really upset, because I don't see any problem in this concerts and I see that my son, who is very good in school, actually the best in his class, he likes this concerts and it makes him want to learn more music and not just because mommy wants, and he behaves better after this etc.
But from other side I want him to be a chasidishe kid.

Any ideas?
I would like to know any inputs from Rebbe's letters or some Gdoilie hador

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 5:36 pm
I h ave musical friends who didn't give thier children lessons for this very reason. They discussed it beforehand.

You both need to be on the same page. CAn you get such Kosher classical CD for your son, at least?

bgk

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 11:20 pm
what's KOSHER classical CD? it could be or kosher or classical.
I don't see any problem with classical music, except may be Bach, who wrote music for Church.

Also now in all the jewish childrens video they use classical music. My son was playing something from Motzart (an easy song) one day and my little kids where watching Malkali video in the other room (Magibomba). And we heard her singing a song wit hthe same MOtzart tune he was playing. Is that kosher?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics