Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Looking for ayin roeh

twinkiemom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 6:26 pm
I've heard that there is an internet usage filter/ reporting software, called ayin ro'eh, which sends a list of the sites visited to another person, such that any site that is viewed on my computer will be privy to the monitoring person (someone I know and respect-- e.g. a teacher or rabbi). I've heard this exists, some Rav in Boro Park (?) runs it for his kehilla, and that it's a take on the non jewish version, Covenent Eyes. I have been trying to trace this, google, etc, with no success. I did find the Convenant Eyes site, but am reluctant to pay a Christian source for this if there is a Jewish one available.

Does anyone know anything about this, and how I can find out more info?

twinkiemom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 7:00 pm
Oops, I'm a newbie, trying to figure out how to change the forum--I don't know how it got set. If anyone can change it to a more appropriate forum, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It's been moved by mod and welcome on site Very Happy

twinkiemom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 8:51 pm
hmmm... no responses... seems like no one has heard of ayin ro'eh. has anyone used any other internet filter software effectively?

ektsm

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 8:55 pm
never heard of it

chen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:26 pm
www.reportyoureyes.com

twinkiemom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 12:09 am
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :-)

Have been looking for this for the longest time... Although B"H we do not need it for any real reason, we know a number of people who do, so my husband and I decided to invest in it, in order to make people aware of it and to make it a "normal" thing to have. Once we have it, we can tell people about it and encourage its use.

And besides, it never hurts to have extra shmira incentive :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics