Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rebbe videos

amother

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 4:09 am
my kids dont like watching Rebbe videos anymore, I find this a huge problem as I want them to have a rel'ship with the Rebbe since we cant see him b'gashmius. How do I get them back to them? they watch only jewish videos at home and once in while, my mother puts on treehouse for them (at her house) ?any suggestions

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 4:23 pm
I understand that you're disappointed that they don't want to watch the Rebbe videos, and yes, it's important to look at a tzaddik, but why do you think that watching videos is how you establish a relationship with anyone?

Surely, forcing them to watch anything won't help anything.

chanab

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 9:59 pm
Show them the "light" ones like Tishrei etc. Also make a policy which videos they are allowed to see, because if they know they can see some other "Parev" (?) video, they will not be inclined to see the Rebbe ones.
Motek is right, don´t force, but at the same time I feel it is important for kids to watch and I am personally happy that my kids are familiar with the way the Rebbe davens, all the goings on of 770 like kos shel brocha, lekach etc Ein domeh shmia lereiah.I love that my little ones imitate the way the ways the Rebbe sings , davens etc and how my older ones "koch" in how the Rebbe behaves. Also don´t overdo the videos. ANY videos can make mush of a childs brain if its on constantly and the child is watching constantly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics