Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nefesh b'nefesh financial assistance etc.. info??

chocmom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:57 am
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had anyone could help me....
I am looking to make aliya, with my family, from within Israel. We're from the UK originally.
Does anyone have any experience/advice about using NBN for 'guided aliya' and also, does anyone know roughly what the financial assistance offered range is? And how they assess elegibility?
Thanks in advance!!

TzipG

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 6:05 am
AFAIK if you are already in Israel and are doing the guided aliyah program you are not eligible for financial assistance. This was my friend's experience 2 years ago, so it may have changed since then. But it is still totally worthwhile to use NBN for the many other ways they assist olim.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 6:09 am
Weird. I did Aliya from Israel with NBN about 2 and a half years ago and was certainly eligible.

The range changes with each group. For example, when I made Aliya, it was their last group of the year, and therefore there were thousands of applicants. Therefore, the money to be given out was much less per person. My brother in law made Aliya a couple of months before us and did it with a tiny NBN group so although he had much MUCH more money then us, he got a much larger stipend then we did.

They assess eligibility based on all accounts, income, and assets (like whether you own your home, etc.) Your accountant must sign off on all the forms.

Ima2

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 7:26 pm
I didn't realize that NBN can give assistance if you were not in North America (or England?). I would just give NBN a call and ask them directly or go on their website. Also now, the Jewish Agency and NBN work together for your aliyah so all the benefits will be described to you when you apply. Being that you have been living in Israel on some sort of visa, it is very possible that your benefits from the Israeli government will be dramatically less than that of someone moving to Israel from another country.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions