Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to keep kids schoolwork

geemum

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 7:11 am
Does anyone have tips for me how to keep my kids school work/projects

Now they are in pres-school and infants school (3-6 years old) and they bring home loads of pictures and stuff. I'd like to keep some of it. but a regular folder is no longer enough. Also sometimes they bring home an extra large "painting" or "project"

How do you keep and store your kids project?

Any other tips and ideas in this area also appreciatied Smile

TIA

pinktichel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 7:17 am
best tip I read was in a parenting magazine. The woman said to take pictures of all your kids projects so you will never forget them but only keep the ones you really, really, want to. Either print the pics and put in an album or you can be like me and have a million folders of pics on your computer instead. Rolling Eyes

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:38 am
I have a plastic filing folder (not the punch hole kind, but more like a transparent box with rubber bands to secure the flap). I put a label for each kids and keep only good ones that show skill development. To be honest, I didn't keep most of the crafts, esp the ones with paper towel rolls, plastic yogurt pots, painted pasta shapes etc.

A good news... the amount of "art projects" drop significantly once the child moves from Infants to Juniors.

red sea

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 1:31 pm
One word : SCANNER

Aribenj

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 4:43 pm
I keep whatever projects involve pictures of them. Also, once in a while I'll keep something that shows development. I only keep projects that fit in a folder. Then I put it all in a folder and put a rubber band arund it. I have one folder/year/child. Eventually I'll sift through it all again and get it to fit into one folder/child.

Whatever else they make we put on display in the kitchen for one week, and then it goes in the garbage (discreetly)

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 5:03 pm
My son comes home with a ton of stuff every week so first rule is that we cannot keep everything. So what I do is:
1. Display all things he brings home on the fridge for the week (or on a table or shelf if it's a 3D type).
2. Once the week is over, anything that is really special goes into a shirt box. (One shirt box per kid per school year is what I plan on having). Other items go in the garbage.
3. Special things that just wont fit into a shirt box (like the adorable sukkah built from popsicle sticks for example) get displayed for a month or longer, then eventually get tossed too.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:45 pm
I keep it for a few days, display it on a bulletin board, and then when my kids are not looking or asleep, into the garbage it goes!!!

I used to be a major pack rat so if I start thinking about what I would keep, I would want to keep everything. pictures is a great idea I'm gonna start doing that now.

alpidarkomama

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 1:56 am
I take pictures of our favorite things, and then include the favorites of the year in the annual photo album I put together. Love doing it this way. No clutter!!

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:48 pm
get a large mailing tube and store them in there with a label for the month or grade. usually you'll need more than 1 tube per school year if you like to save a lot of projects.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics