Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Published ladies, advice please

Seraph

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 9:46 am
I have a series of articles/a column that I would love to write for a frum publication.
However, I have to figure out a few things.
I wrote a sample article, because most places want full length features. But the "full length feature" is a bit choppy because it really would be best as 3 separate vignettes. But most of these places don't accept vignettes if I'm not mistaken.

So what I want to know is- do I send in the whole article, even though its choppy, and say "Here is my idea for a column/series for your periodical. I plan to cover xyz topics, and here is a sample article. It would be best broken into separate articles, but feel free to use it as a full length feature." Or do I just write separate vignettes as sample peices for a column?

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 10:08 am
B'h
Seraph all I can say is go with whatever u feel u'r comfort level lets and hope 4 the best Wink

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:45 pm
Seraph wrote:
I have a series of articles/a column that I would love to write for a frum publication.
However, I have to figure out a few things.
I wrote a sample article, because most places want full length features. But the "full length feature" is a bit choppy because it really would be best as 3 separate vignettes. But most of these places don't accept vignettes if I'm not mistaken.

So what I want to know is- do I send in the whole article, even though its choppy, and say "Here is my idea for a column/series for your periodical. I plan to cover xyz topics, and here is a sample article. It would be best broken into separate articles, but feel free to use it as a full length feature." Or do I just write separate vignettes as sample peices for a column?

Seraph, yes send a letter of explanation, the sample article and outline for the rest... any good editor at a magazine, website, etc will call you for more info if they're interested and not just base a decision on your written outline.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics