Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Orlando?

alpidarkomama

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 12:54 am
Can anyone tell me anything about the frum community in Orlando??? There are many job possibilities there that would be great for DH, but I can't find much information about it. Thanks!

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 4:19 am
unless ur chabad I cannot think abt anything frum in orlando.

alpidarkomama

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 12:14 pm
That's what it pretty much looked like. Thanks! It's too bad - that's the city where my husband could find TONS of great jobs. Smile

tovarena

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:58 pm
I know a few people who've lived in Orlando. Mostly they only stay for a year or two and usually with just small children. Yes, it is Chabad, but there are the basics necessary to live a frum lifestyle.

chillax

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 3:10 pm
Based on my vacation to the area I would not want to stick around. They really didn't have anything to offer frumkeit/kosher-wise.

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 3:12 pm
As much as I would looooove to live in Orlando, I need to agree with the others, there isnt much of a frum community there...

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 12:12 pm
Is there a Shul in Orlando?

sky

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 12:47 pm
We davened in the minyan in chabad when we were there - but there wasn't much of a minyan. On shabbos the minyan formed after after shema, and most were not shomer shabbos. During the week there was only a minyan when someone had yartzeit (this was off season, during the busy season they have minyan every day)
The grocery store had a decent selection of kosher food, and the wine store had kosher wine. It was sufficient for vacation - but I'm not sure I could live like that year round.

What about Tampa. For some reason I remember the chabad family telling me they drove their kids to Tampa every day for school. I know nothing about how far away it is or what the community is like there - but maybe that could be an option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating