Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Seperation anxiety - my baby is glued to me!

3ver

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 8:54 pm
(I'm a first timer) My baby is just about a year old and he is glued to me! especially when its time to go to sleep - since my baby learned to pull up in the crib - even if he's dead tired he'll get up - If I put him in his crib awake he'll scream and cry - I can never leave him there to just play on his own... So I started to nurse him to sleep - it seems like the only way - with out the whole crying fit and having me keep laying him down until he runs out of energy after 1 hr - 2 hr. Help! he was never like this.

Frumom

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 7:59 am
That must be tough. My son is 7 months old and were trying diff things.
Sometimes what works is putting him in the crib with his toys and either my husband or myself standing there reassuring him that were there. Rub his stomach. Then we go in and out.
When that doesnt work we'll let him play out of the crib until he is just too tired and then we'll put him in the crib (I know they say not to put baby's in when overtired, but it works sometimes).
My son doesnt do this yet, but will he take a bottle or sippy cup on his own so you dont have to nurse him?
Can your husband or someone else be there so he doesnt see you and wont want to nurse as much?
I'm in mid of reading the no cry sleep solution. So far sounds good. Maybe try that?
When all else fails I do nurse him to sleep. I dont believe in the cry it out method. I'll let him cry for a few mins, but only if he's just whining and almost asleep.
Good luck, sorry for the long post. pm me if you want, maybe we can give each other ideas and compare.

Motek

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 8:32 am
3ver wrote:
Help! he was never like this.

Any changes in his life?

baby's mom

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 3:12 pm
Sounds very normal. From the title of your thread it seems like you understand that he is going through a stage. Just hang in there and enjoy being so close to him. Before you know it he'll be a teenager running away from your hugs and kisses!! Wink

3ver

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 5:09 pm
Quote:
Any changes in his life?

Um... nothing I can think of... he started doing this ever since he learned how to pull up from a laying down position at about 10 months. At first I just kept putting him back down which sometime lasted up to 2 hours till I finally got him sleeping. It was crazy - he's about to drift off and then he turns to see if I'm there, then continues to drift, then turns back... and then finally when I think he's almost out - boom he turns over and tries to get up..... it was taking so much time and energy - I quit and just started nursing him to sleep. I know this might be a stage - but I don't want him getting used to being nursed to sleep... how will I ever wean him?? someone told me to just let him cry it out...?

ektsm

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 5:19 pm
It's very normal but IY"H they will grow out of it.

raizy

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 10:49 pm
ah the joys of motherhood. we just stand guard everynight because my 2 yr old jumps out of his crib. so he jumps out we put him back it can last for 2 yrs unless he is very tired.

also the past two night. we let him konk on the kitchen floor. or his brother bed and then we transfered him to his own bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics