Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Scrapbooking

amother

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 11:20 pm
I'm toying with a bunch of ideas for jobs that I can do at home that will be on my own hours. I love making scrapbooks and I've been reading up a lot on people who create scrapbooks for others (with the customer's pictures). They can be a bit pricey. Do you think there's a market for this in the frum (NY) community? I'm willing to spread out and work with non jews but I was just curious if you thought it might catch on with frum people first. Thanks!

mamaluv

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 11:38 pm
Wow I think it's such a good idea. If people in Brooklyn have no problem spending over $100 on a cake that gets thrown out then why wouldn't they spend some money on a memory that will last a lifetime. I wish I lived in NY.

tzivi

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 12:53 am
There is someone here in Melbourne who runs classes for scrapbooking.

red sea

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 8:47 am
There's a market for sure! Go for it. Just an idea - Remember how kosher by design the cookbook started? She put samples and postcards flyers in doctors offices that are frequented by frum people. Make a few samples books, like put upsherin or bas mitzvah book by pediatricians and baby book by obgyns and such for example. Shouldn't be too hard to get permission.

Bell

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 9:55 am
amother" def a great idea b/c theres not much investment on your part to begin--I saw in amazing savings-- the one on ave M-- they had (this past wed--theri stuff is always changing) tons of inexpensiv eprepackaged stuff for scrapbooking like stickers, quotes pattersn etc even have scrapbooks--hope thats helpful

amother

Post Fri, May 05 2006, 5:08 pm
Wow! THanks for your responses. Now I just have to get up enough confidence to trust myself with such a big project!

red sea- I don't remember how KBD started- do you mind posting a little more info?
Thanks!!

cl

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 9:58 am
there are websites that u can send ur scrapbook images to and they can turn them into photo-page albums so its a better quality gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics