Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
It's 4 1/2 mos until Pesach, and ....
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:22 am
A friend mentioned that she wanted to vacuum her car, and I told her that Pesach was soon enough; she could just wait and do it then - she was like, oh, I don't want to wait that long - to which I replied

IT'S 4 1/2 MOS UNTIL PESACH !

I'm not saying it to scare anyone; just a head's up to organize their time.

pinktichel

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:23 am
I keep panicking about it. Dh thinks I'm nuts. It'll be my first time making Pesach.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:32 am
I think about it the month before, not earlier.

queen

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:33 am
WOW!
better start thinking Purim first......

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:44 am
Heh, we're still discussing Chanukah in my home. Purim is on my mind, but too far in the distance to do much about it.

onlyme

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:45 am
queen wrote:
WOW!
better start thinking Purim first......

How about Chanuka? Please, let's not start talking about Pesach!
(I've got the here comes Pesach blues... Music )

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:50 am
I actuall found cute costumes in september so I bought them.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:51 am
cars cant wait another 4 1/2 months to be vacuumed!

I start thinkign abt pesach in shvat. I need a few months a year to be free of the pesach burden!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 11:06 am
I'm not really talking about the cleaning, although that is a part of it. If I had a dirty car, I'd vacuum it now and then again before Pesach. I certainly wouldn't wait 2 mos and then vacuum it, then redo it 2 mos later, before Pesach.

Same for washing sheitlach...or many other things.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 12:19 pm
for a lot of us, it's the decluttering that makes the cleaning tough. So now might be a good time to work on decluttering.

happyone

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 12:24 pm
And the point of this thread was.....?

CM, you just caused lots of stress for some readers. Back to the topic, do you only clean your car for pesach? or do you clean it because it needs cleaning during the year?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 2:15 pm
DH and I don't drive.

The point was that if you're ging to push off cleaning/organizing, keep the time frame of Pesach in mind. That's all.

skcomputer

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 3:41 pm
For us Pesach is the perfect time to clean the car because it is at the end of the track-sand-into-the-car season (from winter road sanding). We don't keep a lot of stuff in the car, nor we we do a lot of eating in the car, so once a year is it.

Maybe a way to both prepare for Pesach now, but to relax a bit longer is to create/update a "to do" list for Pesach cleaning and shopping. Being a list person, I feel I can relax knowing it is all written down and I don't have it floating and swirling around in my head.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 3:51 pm
ugh pesach....family overload....the cleaning I can handle....

geemum

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 3:55 pm
Now I concentrate on clearing out the cupboards. If all that's done cleaning for pesach (in my average sized home) shouldn't need to be started before teves. Unless of course you work full time and need to start now 1 hour each day.

Either way, I'm not going to panic - I don't clean dust and go crazy - but will definately declutter.

THanks for the gentle nudge Thumbs Up

louche

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 6:04 pm
Nononononnonono CM we DO NOT mention the P(esach) word until after the P(urim) word is over! You will cause global panic on the scale of War of the Worlds! In any case, before Chanuka one is not doing Pesach cleaning. If s/t needs to be cleaned, let it be cleaned for cleanliness' sake. Cleanliness is a virtue in and of itself, independent of Pesach, which is merely an excuse for the compulsively clean to act out their compulsions and be praised for it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 7:00 pm
You know what I mean. Not cleaning. Planning.

Tova

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 8:17 pm
I actually admire choc moose for her thought process of looking ahead to see what is coming up. And her tone is never full of dread/panic of upcoming yomim tovim; always just on the planning side so that her family has what they need and she is not over-extended.

I don't know why women fear or dread Pesach. I LOVE making Pesach in my own home and have done so for several years already (this is in conjunction with a tax season deadline of 4/15 at work). We do it simple and we do it right and it all gets done. There is nothing like sitting at your own Seder and doing it YOUR way.

louche

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:21 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
You know what I mean. Not cleaning. Planning.

Planning? What? Where? You can't even invite people yet unless you're talking transoceanic or transcontinental travel and they have to get a new passport. What can you be planning for Pesach before Chanuka?

louche

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:28 pm
Oh, OK, I do think along the lines of "pasta and oatmeal on sale, should I stock up or will I end up having to get rid of it before Pesach?" But then I tell myself not to be ridiculous, winter hasn't even started yet and we have--what? 22 Shabbosim till Pesach? I can and should stock my pantry now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics