Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
3600 NIS to paint 3 bedroom apt???

LisaS

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 5:52 am
I just got an estimate today to paint our 3 bedroom apartment before we move out. I know he is very reliable but the estimate was more than I was expecting to have to pay. Can anyone tell me what they paid to paint an apartment?

By the way, should I have posted this in the Israel only section?

tm

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 5:55 am
when we painted our 3 BR apt, I think we paid about NIS2500 (could have been slightly less) but I think the guy did a terrible job. we got different colors for each room which I like (as opposed to all white) but he was sloppy

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 6:25 am
In Jerusalem you see all these little ads for 1600NIS. That said, when we did 1/2 our 2 bedroom (3 years ago) it was 1000, and we'd done the other half a few months earlier (don't ask why) at a cost of another 700. But it was one of those "slap whitewash/white paint on the walls" type jobs. I would expect better for the amount you were quoted.

That said, we recently did just the kids' room. It was 450, plus the paint (about 250, with some left over) for the one bedroom.

baba

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 6:32 am
I dont know if this is an option for you, but we moved in we painted our apartment (simple, just white) and dh did it himself with 2 yeshive bachurim (dont worry, it was bein hazmanim). He paid them, but obviously not that much, I dont remember exactly how much. It looked really fine though.

LisaS

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:08 pm
Thanks for the replies!!!

I asked him also to fill holes and stuff and I did want a good job done. We have been here for 3 years and had a good relationship with the landlords and want to leave it nice. We don't want to be especially frugal , just pay average. It sounds like for a good job the quote was OK.

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:13 pm
Paint the apartment after you move your stuff out. It should be much cheaper. And at a price like that he better not get any on windows or door and clean up perfectly after himself.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:22 pm
Wow that's just under what we paid for a 6 room apt 2 months ago. And this guy had to do a lot of patch ups to get smooth walls for us. Seems very high...keep looking!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics