Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS with bronchitis for 3rd time

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 7:04 am
My baby (9 mths) just got bronchitis again for the 3rd time, after 3 weeks of the 2nd time. In between we go back to ped to make sure its gone but then it comes back. He isn't coughing much but we're nervous. Each time its a diff med and still it seems to come back. I need to go to dr this week to make sure its gone again.
Do I go to ped again or a lung dr? could it be something more or something specific that is constantly causing it or is it normal for a baby to get bronchitis (usually with running nose and at times with fluid in ears or ear infection) 3 times in a short time period?
TIA

elisecohen

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 7:17 am
Some kids just are more susceptible to things like this without any other medical concern. Just as there are some kids who are "streppy" and some who get a lot of ear infections, there are some who get a lot of coughs and bronchitis. At least I guess he hasn't been getting bronchiolitis, which is common at such a young age. If he's overall developmentally okay and his growth isn't being badly affected, I wouldn't worry that he has some major illness. Just wait and see as he gets a little older and now that summer comes and we're past flu season things may quiet down a little. Some of my kids were constantly getting croup and some never had it in their lives, for example, and it had nothing to do with who was medically healthy and who wasn't. In fact my truly medically fragile son never had croup or bronchiolitis but his big sister did frequently.

withhumor

Post Fri, Oct 06 2006, 12:16 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....c83ad

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 06 2006, 1:12 pm
REFYUAH SHLEIMAH!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics