Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
5 Things I've learned in the 6 months of marriage
Previous  1  2  3  4

Bamentch

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 11:41 pm
gr8 thread-love the one about Im coming home in ten minutes means an hour & ten (or more!!!)

one addition- if he speeds try to b light about it (80, 80- a big fat lady!!)
Id get nervous and it helped that Id joke instead of criticize

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 11:59 pm
Shendellah wrote:
Feel free to post ~5 things you've learned in the (however long) you have been married!~

I thought of these as I was doing the dishes last night! (no particular order)

1. Two hours of dishes on Motzei Shabbos and preparing for Shabbos meals starting on Sunday is all worth it when I see the smile on my DH's face when he's sees the Shabbos table set of my hard work!

2. I never knew how meaningfull an "I love you" could be! It makes any bad day to a great one!

3. Time is life! It's nice to have a day with no plans and just spend time with DH!

4. Mikvah night never goes as planned but in the end it is well worth it! Hashem has truely tested my commitment to this mitzvah but I wouldnt have it any other way. All the effort makes it that much better!

5. Brillo pads are awesome!!! (This is actually what made me to think of all of this hehe)

Cute thread Very Happy Ah I have too much dunno where to start ..................... Twisted Evil

SJcookie

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 1:32 am
Just found this thread. There is really great advice here. Thank you!

gold21

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 2:34 am
Just read thru this thread and thought, A lot of these tips totally don't apply to me. And then I see that I posted that back when this thread was active, I think it said in 2009? So I guess I have the same opinion of the ideas in this thread as I had then...

Men need space? Not my husband- I am the one who always needs space. Line the kids up by the door to greet him after work? My husband would not want me to be so formal with him. Serve him gourmet food? Neither me nor my husband are into gourmet food. When a man says he will be home in 10 min, it will really be an hour and 10 min? That's something that might happen to me cuz I can lose track of time, but my husband is quite reliable. And the list goes on...

Bottom line: don't generalize. Every man is an individual, as is every woman. Just build your friendship, communicate with each other, and do what works for you guys.

sungood

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 3:10 am
Just to bring it up again it's old and great 1 of the best treads

Dawling

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 7:20 am
Great thread!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 8:30 am
Can't believe I'm married 8 years what happened looool

So I learned:

1) don't listen to debby downers or the internetz, your husband is a person with his own mind and personality, not a stereotype of "a man". don't tell your private life to others either. take advice only from people who relate to you.

2) don't do the king thing. Just don't. It's stifling, not conducive to closeness, and you'll be mad if he doesn't do the queen thing. Btw if you do it, don't be surprised he doesn't lift a finger.

3) neither you nor him read minds, express yourself and ask...

4) never go to sleep angry, no no... even if no solution is found commit to finding one, begin to find it, and let anger go so you can actually sleep

5) let your couple be top priority! it's good for you, and good exemple for the kids. Definitely couple time comes before cleaning and cooking. He wants a wife not a maid! like rabbi Goldschmidt said a man can cook and clean, he needs a wife to light up his eyes (something like that).

6) your husband is not you... you may want a poem, list of "reasons why I love you", coupons for a hug... he probably wants some down to earth useful gift or a gadget or wtv.

7) respect yourself like you want to be respected, respect him like he would want

8) men are not another species or the enemy... don't plan out tactics, LIVE!

9) don't allow bad sitches to go on, the sooner the better. You learned, so can he.

10) endear his minhag to yourself, learn about it, so you better transmit it

relish

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:33 am
Only found this thread now, and love it!!

cheese1

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 1:41 pm
How can you act sexier in a day to day?
makeup- clothing...but WHAT ELSE???
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics