Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Dh doesnt eat fleishig and I dont eat milchig or fish

happy chick

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 4:35 pm
any good ideas for dinners?

imasinger

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 4:38 pm
Sounds like you might want to investigate lots of vegetarian choices. Try Googling macrobiotic or vegan.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 4:53 pm
Who made your shidduch? shock
(Joke!)

Last edited by Isramom8 on Mon, Nov 16 2009, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

nylon

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 4:58 pm
I would really recommend buying a vegan cookbook then! And I recommend a little compromising...

tizunabi

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:04 pm
Tofu..
Or Parve sides and individual mains, no one ever said you need to eat the same thing to sit together at a table. (this is what I often do...)

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:07 pm
Are your names by any chance Mr and Mrs. Jack Sprat?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:15 pm
She just said she didn't eat dairy, she didn't say that she doesn't eat eggs.

My husband doesn't like fish, and I'm not supposed to eat dairy, so here are a lot of pareve dishes I make for us:

Falafel
Egg sandwiches with soup
Tofurkey sausages with beans (we like them with guacamole and in a taco shell)
Vegetarian tacos
Chick pea and potato curry with coconut milk
Pasta with broccoli and olive oil and garlic
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Vegetarian Chinese stir fry

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:19 pm
Pareve veggie or bean soups are a great idea. OP can add some meat or chicken for herself and add tofu or some other pareve protein for DH.

Veggie side dishes like spinach pastries or corn fritters might work.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 6:04 pm
you can make same side dishes, different protein. eg mashed potato, salad, and then cook a steak or chicken breast for you, and a peice of fish for dh.

crbc

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 6:40 pm
Invest into parve pots, knifes, etc. Cook a parve dish in a parve pot for both of you, say veg. soup - ur dh can add sour cream, u can add cooked chicken. Or make veg. saute, u can eat it with meat, for dh get a milchike toster, put saute into milchike dish and sprinkle with cheese. U can keep your oven parve, and use it to cook veg. for both and fish for you dh, and then finish his food w/ milk or cheese in toaster. U can also make meat dishes for urself for 2-3 days at the time and and just dif veg sidedishes or soups every day. U can bake cakes Smile. Good luck. It is hard to cook different dinners for one family (BTDT).

bluebird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 7:22 pm
DefyGravity's list sound delicious to me. I'd also add:

- vegetarian chili.
- nice, hearty pareve sandwich with side dishes can make for a delicious and filling dinner.
- grilled portobello mushrooms

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 11:58 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Who made your shidduch? shock

Sorry - maybe this wasn't so nice - I meant it as a joke.

happy chick

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 12:03 am
actually it is a big joke. the woman who made our shidduch did not know either of us!! and still doesnt. lol

ShiffyChani

Post Sat, Nov 21 2009, 10:17 pm
Try my potato/leek casserole, its very filling! I posted it in the Recipes section.

Peanut2

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 1:12 pm
Invest in a few moosewood cookbooks, especially the cooks at home/short on time one. Unless you're not short on time when it comes to cooking.
Lots and lots of parve recipes - stews, stir fries, egg things, beans and starches, pastas... no meat and only occasional dairy or fish.

techiemom

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 10:42 pm
Here are a few sites that I have bookmarked that seem to have good recipes. By the way, my dh, one son and one daughter are vegetarian, another son and daughter prefer meat and I seem to be the only one who eats fish. Meal time is always a bit challenging around here, too Confused

http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/

http://www.101cookbooks.com

http://www.fresh365online.com

techiemom

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 9:44 am
Nava Atlas (an excellent vegan cookbook author) just posted a yummy sounding receipe for Pasta Curry with Cauliflower and Chickpeas off her site:

http://www.vegkitchen.com/reci.....peas/

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 10:18 am
I make parve cottage pie with vegetarian (Quorn) mince. You sautee chopped onions, celery, red peppers, courette till soft, add a package of quorn, season with s&p, 1/2 tin chopped tomato, red wine, onion soup mix, simmer for 15-20min over high flame till most of the liquid evaporates. Separately make mashed potato. Lay quorn/veggie mix on the bottom of an oven-proof casserole, cover with mashed potato and broil till the top is browned. It's very filling, can be frozen beforehand, tastes almost like real mince.

EMmom

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 11:00 am
burritos/quessadillas/wraps
u can do so many different fillings with beans and/or eggs and ur husband can add cheese to his

some good bean burritos:
black beans eggs salsa
kidney bean with sweet potato (recipe is here I think)
taco beans and rice

u can do "meat" lasagna with the pareve meat crumbles never used them but my friend loves them

abby1776

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 11:04 am
Indian food has a lot of vega/vegetarian non dairy dishes - like a chickpea potato curry excellent over rice, or a lentil/dal type stew also excellent over rice.
You can make pasta parve - with just tomoto sauce (you DH can add all the cheese he wants) or olive oil and garlic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals