Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many outfits do you buy each kid per season and ...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

malkie

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 1:20 pm
Quote:
also, I dont understand the "more pants then shirts" logic. do they wear a pair of pants twice before washing with a different shirt?

I get more shirts because not all shirts go with all pants, so I want to make sure I have enough for mixing and matching. also, shirts sometimes get really dirty part way through the day and need to be changed. or if my DS spills a cup of water on his shirt, etc.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 1:23 pm
GR wrote:
I don't buy outfits. I buy 5-6 shirts and pants that can be mixed and matched.

Don't ask me about girls yet because I'm still not ready to think about how to dress a girl. B"H I have plenty of things for her for the next long while that I didn't have to choose or shop for.
Yeah boys are easy -- get a couple basic color pants, and any shirts can mix and match with.
Girls' clothing is much more complicated I've found.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 4:37 pm
in response to the question "why more shirts than pants": if my sons pants are clean at the end of the day, and it wasnt a shvitzy day, then he often re-wears the pants another time before washing. he doesnt re-wear shirts before washing. I do the same with my clothes. ill wear a skirt two times before washing, but a top only once. I dont think its great for the clothes to over-wash them.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 6:31 pm
gold21 wrote:
in response to the question "why more shirts than pants": if my sons pants are clean at the end of the day, and it wasnt a shvitzy day, then he often re-wears the pants another time before washing. he doesnt re-wear shirts before washing. I do the same with my clothes. ill wear a skirt two times before washing, but a top only once. I dont think its great for the clothes to over-wash them.

I definitely wear a skirt more than once before washing, BUT my skirt doesnt sit on a pish filled floor while I'm going to the bathroom like the kids pants do....

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:45 pm
oh for sure it definitely depends on the kid. my preschooler is a very neat bathroom-user, and doesnt get his pants that dirty unless they played with play dough/painted/rolled in the mud at school that day. as for my baby-toddler-whatever a 15 mnth old is, I wouldnt re-use his pants: in fact, I change him in middle of the day sometimes. he gets them filthy.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:47 pm
Hashem Yaazor, but when you order from ebay, you have to count in shipping costs. no? or do you get free shipping usually?

chaylizi

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:50 pm
you can search specifically for auctions with free shipping.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:51 pm
gold21 wrote:

not that my son is old enough for me to actually know this, but I heard boys need more pants to spread the wear & tear.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:20 pm
K. Well I could use more pairs of shoes and another shaitel to spread the wear and tear too. But, bottom line, I buy within a budget. If I were loaded, I for sure would spend a lot more on clothes. I think my son loks neat and clean and fresh and handsome every day BH, and I definitely wouldnt send him in dirty pants. So, whatevah. Maybe I should look into ebay.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:35 pm
gold21 wrote:
oh for sure it definitely depends on the kid. my preschooler is a very neat bathroom-user, and doesnt get his pants that dirty unless they played with play dough/painted/rolled in the mud at school that day.

I just wanted to clarify what I meant before. my son is a very neat bathroom user as well. BUT apparently many of the kids in his class are not. There is pish on the seat, on the floor and god knows where else. so, especially since its not HIS mess all over his pants, I'd rather spend an extra $7 and change every day.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 10:04 pm
ok dear. but im poorer than you :-( and I love childrens place. so I buy what I feel I can. also, he only pees in school, he doesnt do #2, or whatever you call it, in the school bathroom. and he pees standing. so I never thought of it as an issue. hey anyways im in a bad mood and depressed so dont fight with me you bum.

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 10:05 pm
ebay is such fun it turned into a hobby for me Smile I buy totally useless stuff s/t cuz its a good bid go figure.
BUT I also sell and I just sold my sons used shoes for $19. gotta do lots more selling to keep up with my buying tough.

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 10:06 pm
gold21 wrote:
ok dear. but im poorer than you :-( and I love childrens place. so I buy what I feel I can. also, he only pees in school, he doesnt do #2, or whatever you call it, in the school bathroom. and he pees standing. so I never thought of it as an issue. hey anyways im in a bad mood and depressed so dont fight with me you bum.

go to the outlet you could snag some real metziahs at the end of the season pants are luck $3.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 9:16 am
gold21 wrote:
Hashem Yaazor, but when you order from ebay, you have to count in shipping costs. no? or do you get free shipping usually?
I include that in my cheshbon.

If I want to spend $4 on a shirt, and I see a shirt for 99 cents with 2.50 shipping -- I'll get it.
Or in a lot, I divide the total cost + shipping/items I will use -- shipping is stated beforehand.
There is also combined shipping that I have taken advantage of by getting multiple items from the same seller.
I sort by Price+Shipping: Lowest First so I don't have to wade through so much I wouldn't buy unless it's a lot in which case I'd spend more for a bigger lot.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 9:18 am
estibesty wrote:
ebay is such fun it turned into a hobby for me Smile I buy totally useless stuff s/t cuz its a good bid go figure.
BUT I also sell and I just sold my sons used shoes for $19. gotta do lots more selling to keep up with my buying tough.
If you're not careful, it can turn into an addiction. You're not saving if you overbuy!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 9:19 am
Oh, and one more thing...I shop eBay via eBates to get 2% back which adds up over time.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 6:37 pm
HY, thx 4 the info!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 9:29 am
Forgot to add:
Make sure it's from a smoke free home...if it doesn't say in the description, contact the seller and verify before you bid on something and win it and it reeks of smoke (BTDT. Learned my lesson!)

malkie

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 1:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Forgot to add:
Make sure it's from a smoke free home...if it doesn't say in the description, contact the seller and verify before you bid on something and win it and it reeks of smoke (BTDT. Learned my lesson!)

If something arrives smelling like smoke, put it in a ziplock bag with baking soda for a few days, smell will be gone!

Motherof7

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 2:08 pm
I have learned as I get older that less is better. Having a family of 9 means laundry each night, so for me it works much better if I just have enough to get through Chol Hamoed and the 9 days, so basically 5 outfits per child, with a few extra shirts because they can usually wear a skirt twice. 1 shabbos robe and 1 shabbos outfit. The only time I get stuck is if I know we are going to have a family simcha and they will need more than one shabbos outfit. I have learned that there is nothing wrong with Walmart and Target for the babies everyday outfits. And in fact got adorable matching sweaters for all 7 kids from Target $12 a piece, more for Chol Hamoed nicer than everyday type. I am also big in searching online at JCpenney and Childrensplace when things are on sale.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics