Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training for bowel movements

Bell

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:26 pm
My son b"h got the whole pish in a toilet only thing but when it comes to a bowel movement he makes one every single day, usually around 4 pm in his underwear!
Any tips to get him to make in the toilet??
I bought him a toy he really wants & showed it to him & told him he will get it if I see he makes a bowel mouvement (#2) in the toilet.

shoy18

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:30 pm
at 3pm why not constantly ask him if he wants to go, remind him that if he goes in the toliet he will get his prize.

If he goes around the same time everyday why not make sure your near a toilet during that time.

gryp

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 12:40 pm
put him on the toilet when you think he's about to go.
turn on his favorite tape in the bathroom.
(do you know how many guests asked me why we have a tape recorder in the bathroom? Very Happy )
reward him with something he would love, like ice cream.

I find lots of kids are petrified of the "experience", which is why its so difficult to train them. you have to get them to do it a few times until theyre no longer scared.

and maybe leave off the underwear until he's fully trained?

Bell

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 7:19 pm
im so frustrated I just sat with my son in the bathroom reading him books talking to him etc for about 45mnts & then as soon as we put his underwear back on-- he made #2 in them!!
Help!

motheroftwo

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 11:37 pm
its so funny that youre asking this because I'm having the exact same problem with my daughter. I'm also clueless about how to handle it. So any advice much apreciated. And I dont think she is scared because she's gone #2 at least 3 times on the toilet.

Bell

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 1:23 pm
motheroftwo: & what did u do @ that point when she actually did make a bowel mvmt. in the toilet???????????

realeez

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 1:36 pm
I had the same w/ my ds last year.
He finally did when my 6 y.o. nephew made funny grunting noises and told him he has to do that! (only a 6 year old!)
Once he did it once, it was smooth sailing from there!

I have heard not to make too big of a deal over it - ppl who did had huge issues w/ constipation and it was not fun.

Flowerchild

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 3:34 pm
I have a problem with this too, my son goes number1 in the toilet, but he has never gone number2 at all, he still wears diapers I am too nervouse to switch to underwear but I want him to learn, so I dont know what to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training