Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO donut recipie for mini donut maker

smileyface

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:27 pm
I have one of those mini donut maker machines, but I cant seem to find the recipie that goes with it. Does anyone have one?

thanks in advance

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 3:43 pm
d you live in Lakewood
they had 2 recipes in the voice (a weekly thats comes to e/o here)
looked fantastic

smileyface

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 3:30 am
no I dont live in lakewood, do u mind posting them?

thanks

gr8cook

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 11:50 pm
I just bought this donut maker. The recipe that comes in the box is with milk. What can I susbtitute the milk with? Does anyone have a good recipe??

bamamama

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 12:12 am
Basic recipe that came with my machine:

Makes:10
This donut batter is bet made just before making donuts.

1.5 cups plain flour
1/2 cupe sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
9 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 egg lightly beaten

1. Preheat donut machine. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Whisk in the butter, milk, and egg until mixture forms a smooth batter.
2. Spray machine with cooking oil. Fill bases of preheated donut rings with half of the batter. Close lid and cook for 6 minutes or until donuts are golden and cooked. Use a non-stick spatula to transfer donuts to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 donuts in total.

bamamama

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 12:13 am
gr8cook wrote:
I just bought this donut maker. The recipe that comes in the box is with milk. What can I susbtitute the milk with? Does anyone have a good recipe??

I'd use soymilk in a recipe like the one I posted above (but my donut maker is dairy so I just use milk) and cooking oil to replace the butter.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 12:16 am
I would love a really great recipe...tried the recipe that came with the machine but they tasted like pancakes.

bnm

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 12:27 am
I used the ammerto bundt cake recipe in the doughnut maker.

gr8cook

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 1:12 am
Did the amarreto cake recipe work well with the machine? It probably tastes better than the recipe that comes with it.

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 1:26 am
gr8cook wrote:
Did the amarreto cake recipe work well with the machine? It probably tastes better than the recipe that comes with it.

worked great. You can try any cake recipe you like. do one batch of doughnuts and if you don't like the results bake the rest of the batter.

UQT

Post Sat, Nov 23 2013, 9:14 pm
Anyone has a good pareve recipe that worked for them last year?

bnm

Post Sat, Nov 23 2013, 9:48 pm
overtimecook.com lists a few recipes for baked doughnuts, they should work well in the maker too

paprika

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 12:34 am
Recipe for doughnuts in mini donut maker:

4 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Using a hand blender, blend all ingredients. Yields approx. 50 doughnuts.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:01 pm
Pulling up this old thread because I'm thinking about buying one of these cheap mini donut makers. Looking for anything to make our Chanukah extra fun and exciting for the kids.

Anyone still have one? Do you like it? Is it pretty safe for kids to operate? And most importantly, since the donuts aren't being fried in oil - do they taste at all like fried donuts? Is this defeating the point of sufganiyot for Chanukah?

Thanks!

scintilla

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:03 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Pulling up this old thread because I'm thinking about buying one of these cheap mini donut makers. Looking for anything to make our Chanukah extra fun and exciting for the kids.

Anyone still have one? Do you like it? Is it pretty safe for kids to operate? And most importantly, since the donuts aren't being fried in oil - do they taste at all like fried donuts? Is this defeating the point of sufganiyot for Chanukah?

Thanks!

I love it and use it every year, it's one of the only single-use appliances I actually keep!! Kids love it too and it's perfect for Chanukah parties; it's good for kids to operate just the machine can get quite hot so I would have an adult or older kid supervising. I either spray the machine or put oil in the batter to get the "point" of the oil!

https://bakerbettie.com/baked-.....nuts/ this is the recipe I always use, it's delicious

MySpace

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:13 pm
It does NOT taste like sufganiot!!
Its fun and cute but the doughnuts themselves are nothing special.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:36 pm
Thanks! I think I will get the cheapest one I can find just to give my kids something new and fun to do. (Thank you for the recipe!). I'll still fry up some proper sufganiyot at least one night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins