Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving!! which appliances do I BUY - Brand? Model?

momofmultiples

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 10:59 am
We are moving to a new apartment. The kitchen cabinets are dark brown adn the floor is is a light brown stone. DH is insisting on stainless steel appliances and we now need to purchase a Fridge Freezer (we prefer top door freezer), a stove and a convection oven/microwave above the range.

Any brands recommended?? Out budget is upto $1500 on fridge freezer (we would love to go less)

We are in brooklyn - any ideas of great sales going on?

thanks

clowny

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 2:48 pm
Just keep in mind that stainless steel is very not practical. We bought black that goes very nice to any color kitchen. Another thing to look at when u buy a fridge, most of them are computerized with the light so u have to make sure it has a shabbos mode. Regarding the brand, I think ge is the best

mommy's daughter

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 2:54 pm
stainless steel is the most expensive if u have a dark kitchen go with white cause black is always dusty I bought ge ranges and for fridge go with the sub zero and try today when u still get holiday prices

exaustedmom

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 4:37 pm
we just got a stainless steel whirlpool fridge. There is a special cleanser/spray that polishes stainless steel. (available in hardware stores and some supermarkets).

JollyMommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 12:13 am
I think if you're buying new s.s. is the only way to go-- you can get amazing prices if u shop around:

lowe's has a price match gaurantee. so, what we did was find a the make and model we want on froogle.com, print out the cheapest price, make sure lowe's sells the same and they match it.

I think that as long as you buy a normal brand- like g.e., kenmore, or fridgidaire it doesn't really make a difference which brand.

one mistake we made: we bought a double oven with a large oven on bottom for fleishig, and smaller oven on top for milchig, but the only the top one has a broil function.. so that has been annoying. if you use broil a lot, beware.

also, home depot and lowe's have a sort of hidden aisle of imperfect products-- they are 30%-80% off retail. we bought our washer/dryer from this section for about 70% off retail price because of a scuff mark across the bottom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics