Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Need model lesson idea

amother

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 2:03 pm
Ok here's the story. I teach 5 yr. olds and I've been teaching this grade forever. I have a model lesson soon for a 4 yr. old class but I'm not sure what they can handle, etc. if you're a teacher- please post some short ideas. Even if you're not a teacher but you have a 4 yr old child, please post nice project they've done. It's for an english teacher position so parsha projects won't help this time.

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 2:27 pm
What about a project that involves mixing colors such as yellow and blue to make green and so on?

Tefila

Post Fri, May 12 2006, 4:26 pm
Following what southern bubby said you could use an eyedropper with diff containers. With diff food coloring diluted , and the children could squirt onto Tissue paper for a tye dye effect or reg paper. It could be a summer theme etc.
Remember it's important to always have have a finished product first to show them. so even though theirs may/not come out anywhere near to what you did. Atleast they have a general idea on how it's supposed to look. Hatzlacha Smile

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 12:49 am
Ok so though I said previously you should have a finished product for them to see atleasst.
I stand corrected they should have a general idea. But no they do not need a finished product they should be able to be creative and use their own imagination. Tongue Out
See even Teachers can make mistakes Wink

Squash

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:00 am
Tefila wrote:
See even Teachers can make mistakes Wink

That was always one of the big questions I had in life. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll sleep more peacefully tonight. Wink

Flower
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics