Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Mascara for Shabbat
1  2  Next

spangled

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 11:12 pm
Hi everyone--just wanted to share something great I've been using...There's a mascara called "Kiss Me Mascara" made by blinc, and it's perfect for Shabbat. (for applying before, not during.) Basically, it works differently than usual mascara, and instead of covering your lashes with ink (that rubs off with oil, or makes you black under your eyes), it coats them with color that creates a tube around the lash that stays on really well. To take it off, you just wash with plain water, and the tubes slide right off. (It's actually pretty strange the first time, since it seems like you're losing your eyelashes :) I was warned beforehand, though :) )

Anyway, just wanted to help out anyone else who was avoiding mascara for Shabbat because of that fabulous raccoon effect. :)

(Kiss Me has their own website: http://www.kissmemascara.com but they're on Sephora too, and other places. Just google it.)

Anyone have any other Shabbat makeup ideas?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 11:13 pm
Just be careful to get it all off before mikvah, it takes three days for that stuff to wear off.

tzivi

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 11:29 pm
Quote:
Anyone have any other Shabbat makeup ideas?

There is someone in Melbourne who sells Shabbos Make-up.

I don't know about the hechsher though. I could find out if you want me to.

spangled

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 11:31 pm
Well, you can remove it pretty easily. It's not semi-permanent or anything. Actually, I find it easier to remove this than regular mascara.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 3:18 am
I find waterproof masc does the same trick.

tzivi

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 4:00 am
Tefila wrote:

or you could just get your eye leashes tinted. It isn't expensive and it doesn't hurt that much and it lasts for at least six weeks!

Tefila

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 4:21 am
Quote:
or you could just get your eye leashes tinted. It isn't expensive and it doesn't hurt that much and it lasts for at least six weeks
!
I have that done too. Diff is they r darker yes but not thicker Wink

happyone

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 7:56 am
Is there a shaila with tinted eyelashes as far as going to the mikvah? Or is it considered like dyeing one's hair? I asked to rebbetzins, (as my rav had no clue what I'm talking about), and got different answers.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 7:59 am
Quote:
Is there a shaila with tinted eyelashes as far as going to the mikvah? Or is it considered like dyeing one's hair?

Yes and even then one should check with their specific Rav conc what dye is permanat that can stay on rather then temp which washes out gradually Exclamation

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 8:59 am
I strted a thread on eyelash tinting here that a couple of months ago.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 11:31 pm
so I was at sephora today looking for this mascara, and it was 25$...I didnt get it cuz its an ouch for me to spend that on a mascara...do u think its that good a product? I do want to try a new one cuz I wake up raccoon eyed every shabbos morning...what do u say, do I splurge or skip? Twisted Evil

chen

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 9:47 am
[quote="tzivi"]
Tefila wrote:

it doesn't hurt that much quote]

you mean it hurts a little? or do you mean it hurts in the wallet?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:32 am
Ok, now I want that mascara! LOL

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 2:06 pm
if someone just wants to try it, I'll split it with them. opr if someone got it and changed their mind, I'll make an offer.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 9:51 pm
I actually saw it today at sephora, and the salesperson recommended something else, something cheaper.

lol

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:31 pm
I've just ordered it and the "primer" stuff. I'll tell you when I have them and try!

mumsy23

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:42 pm
I think I am going to order it too - I can't seem to find a good mascara. I used to wear Lancom and I loved it, but my mother told me that she just got a whole letter from a Jewish advocacy group telling her to boycot french products, so now we don't buy Lancom. Maybe this will be the answer... does anybody know if this company is french?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:49 pm
mumsy23 wrote:
I think I am going to order it too - I can't seem to find a good mascara. I used to wear Lancom and I loved it, but my mother told me that she just got a whole letter from a Jewish advocacy group telling her to boycot french products, so now we don't buy Lancom. Maybe this will be the answer... does anybody know if this company is french?

Sorry, but..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
First boycott German companies, and American ones that used the knowledge of Nazi scientists - or saved and then employed them. I just hope French people won't decide to take a revenge, because then the non jewish shops I go to won't have all these Israeli products anymore.

mumsy23

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:51 pm
Well, a lot of european companies were on the list and as far as I know, several big French companies are boycotting israeli products - that is why we are boycotting french products.

I'm surprised you are so "patriotic", everybody knows what an antisemitic country france is.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 10:58 pm
mumsy23 wrote:
Well, a lot of european companies were on the list and as far as I know, several big French companies are boycotting israeli products - that is why we are boycotting french products.

I'm surprised you are so "patriotic", everybody knows what an antisemitic country france is.

Sorry but Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes again... Everybody seems to be very uninformed in some countries. France is not more antisemitic than any other European country, in fact it is one of the few countries who saved an overwhelming majority of its Jews during WW2, and if you threw the Arabs out it would be a paradise as the average Frenchman is absolutely not antisemitic. But I supposed the media isn't giving a more unfair and biased and hateful of France that it is giving of... America...? or Israel...?
Please people. Use your head before criticizing the non jews for not doing it.
Yes I am a patriot, and proud of it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note