Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Mascara for Shabbat
Previous  1  2

mumsy23

Post Tue, Jun 06 2006, 11:19 pm
sorry but double Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .. real mature....

I have heard first hand from French Jews about the deteriorating situation there for Jews. They have told me that they are even scared to wear yarmulkes in certain places. Not to mention the burning of shuls we hear about on the news and the arab protesting - doesn't sound like a paradise to me.

Quote:
France is not more antisemitic than any other European country
Nobody said that France is more antisemitic than any other European country - but just because other countries are "doing it", doesn't mean its ok in France. All Europeans are living on land that is soaked in Jewish blood - that is a fact and no less in France.

Jacques Chirac does not sound like your typical Jew/American-lover, in fact he represents himself quite the opposite and had no problem being voted in a second term in 2002. Blaire on the other hand has been very supportive to the US and the war on Terror - so maybe not all European countries are equal... What

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 8:59 am
Quote:
sorry but double Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .. real mature....

Just like doing what you complain non jews do to you.

Quote:
I have heard first hand from French Jews about the deteriorating situation there for Jews.

I'm sorry, but if they agreed to live in smaller apartments but better areas... And you also choose to disregard opinions that don't match what you want.

Quote:
They have told me that they are even scared to wear yarmulkes in certain places.

Did they tell you about the murdered priest? It happened in the same areas though. My husband goes to work with a kipa, comes to bring me and pick me up at university with his kipa... so ?

Quote:
Not to mention the burning of shuls

What about the burning and desecrating of churches? I would like to remind you that the two last big incidents, namely a burned shul and a nearly murdered rabbi, were courtesy of: a Jew dissatisfied with the shul, a jealous reform rabbi.
Quote:

we hear about on the news

That's your problem. But then don't complain about people judging Israel with what they see "on the news".

Quote:
and the arab protesting

You mean the riots? Nothing to do with Jews obviously.

Quote:
- doesn't sound like a paradise to me.

A country where you can dress in Nazi uniform, buy Mein Kampf and say what you want would be better than a country where such things will give you fines, then prison if you do it again, and break your carreer? Rolling Eyes

All Europeans are living on land that is soaked in Jewish blood - that is a fact and no less in France.

What about the Inquisition in America? Your refusal to take the European Jews during WW2? The Nazi connexions of some of your leaders?

Quote:
Jacques Chirac does not sound like your typical Jew/American-lover, in fact he represents himself quite the opposite

What??? No really, I'm sorry but this is ignorance. Chirac is and has always been a friend of Jews. You should see him lighting the Hanukia every year before talking. You should also see how emotioned he his during Shoah celebration, and on a personal side my dad happens to know him and well... if the guy is racist, it is against Arabs. He publicly said he didn't know how one can live around them because of "the noise and the smell".

I'm not even mentioning that he said the only democracy was Israel, or that the next President will probably be Nicolas Sarkozy, the descendent of Hungarish Jews and the grandson of a Salonician rabbi...

spangled

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 5:13 pm
MommyLuv wrote:
so I was at sephora today looking for this mascara, and it was 25$...I didnt get it cuz its an ouch for me to spend that on a mascara...do u think its that good a product? I do want to try a new one cuz I wake up raccoon eyed every shabbos morning...what do u say, do I splurge or skip? :twisted:

It's an ouch for me too, trust me. I heard about it a few years ago and only got around to buying it a few months ago--figured I should just bite the bullet and stop looking like a racoon. And I only use it for Shabbat, so that falls under my special Shabbat splurge for makeup. :) Too expensive for me for regular use, though. But it really does work--I love it. (And it's really wacky when you're washing it off.)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 6:24 pm
I've received it, put it on... I'll tell you how it looks like tomorrow!

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:28 pm
Ruchel, when was there an Inquisition in America?

gryp

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 9:45 am
maybe she means in South America.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 9:57 am
Another tip to keep eyeshadow on during shabbos:

I use a color called Stilife from Mac Paints as primer for my eyelids, and then put regular eyeshadow on top. It makes the eyeshadow stay on very well.

I don't like wearing lipstick that stays on for a long time, but I used to use Covergirl Outlast, and it would stay on through saturday afternoon.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 12:06 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Ruchel, when was there an Inquisition in America?

Under Spanish rule: http://www.sefarad.org/publica......html

By the way, the mascara is great!

happy2beme

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 10:06 am
ruchel, how was the mascara?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note