Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watchers menus

amother

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:47 pm
I am on weight watchers
I get 28 points a day
I keep seeing great supper ideas everywhere I look, but it seems like so many of them are made with milchig, fatty cheeses, or are fried, etc..
I was thinking maybe we can all just put down what we made for supper tonight (optional- add point values) to give everyone some new ideas.
ill start
tonight I made chicken on the george foreman. it was marinaded in lowfat mayo, soy sauce, and honey. the marinade was 17 points total, and there was some leftover, so I added 1 pnt/ 2 pcs. we also had cauliflower and high fiber spaghetti.
anyone else?

bubby

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:51 pm
How much marinade was there for 17 points...a bucketful? shock If you give the points values ladies, give measurements/quantities.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 11:56 pm
sorry, youre right
1/2 c. mayo- (8 pnts)
1/4 c soy sauce (1 pnt)
1/4 c honey (8 pnts)
for 6 big pieces of shn itzel

bubby

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 12:03 am
You can reduce the points value by using low-fat mayo (Gefen makes one that is great, I use it for everyone.) I also think you can buy lower cal honey (it has less sweetness or something.) Or try reducing it & the mayo & adding a bit of water.

Sounds yummy, though! Wink

bubby

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 12:07 am
This thread reminded me...I put up a pot of WW veggie soup at 5:00PM...and I totally forgot about it! It has gone so thick & smells heavenly, but it's too hot to go in the fridge.

Guess DH is on cool soup duty (he's working.)

EBC

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 11:31 pm
just made very good salmon
all you do is spray it with butter pam, and then sprinkle lemon pepper on it- only thing you have to count for points is the actual salmon!
it is great with a salad (a little olive oil and garlic salt) and a sweet potato

amother

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 4:08 am
Do you have to add to your point allotment all the points in the marinade ingredients? If it's for 4 pieces wouldn't you divide it by 4? And would it even be that much? How much of the marinade actually gets eaten?

EBC

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 2:39 pm
I generally figure out the points for the marinade, and depending on how much is left, and how many points it is, add abt 1-2 pnts per piece. dont know if thats right or no tho

shaindifer

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 4:42 pm
I was thinking of starting a thread like this! Thanks for doing it!

Tonight I'm making grilled chicken wraps:
wrap=2 pts.
boneless chick breast sprinkled with garlic powder and marinated in little bit of honey, soy sauce, and vinegar, grilled on the bbq=4-5 pts.
grilled portabello mushrooms and red peppers, little bit of olive oil, salt & pepper (+balsamic on the mushroom)=1 pt.
lite caesar dressing=1 pt. per Tbs.
lettuce and tomato=0 pts.

EBC

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 9:47 pm
those wraps sound good!
just so you know-
I just found these wraps (I think they are called extreme wellness or something)- they have 12 grams of fiber, and are only one point a piece! and they are really good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise