Home

Dr. Stein's office is obsessed w/ Child Protective Services
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 10:02 pm
I am posting anonymously (although I hardly ever - I am outspoken and proud of it!) but I do need information on my doctor's office and I want others to feel comfortable sharing anonymously. I am really concerned and want to switch Pediatricians becuase of new information that came to light. I have heard in the last few weeks that Dr. Stein's office, called Stepping Stone Pediatrics has some new medical staff, and has called the ACS on 3 separate families after children coming for routine appointments.

Do you use Dr. Stein's office? Have you met with any of the new staff, nurses, nurse practitioners? Have you got an uncomfortable feeling that they are plying your child for information? Let me know here, please.

amother

Hotpink

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 10:06 pm
Anon because of location
I used to use Dr. Stein before her practice expanded. I left her for personal reasons .
I would be very very surprised if what you're saying is true. She doesn't strike me at all as the type. I'm assuming that there's more to the story.

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
Anon because of location
I used to use Dr. Stein before her practice expanded. I left her for personal reasons .
I would be very very surprised if what you're saying is true. She doesn't strike me at all as the type. I'm assuming that there's more to the story.

Anon Pearl here - thank you for responding.

Dr. Stein is kind and open and super chilled. She isn't the one that is causing trouble. It is the new staff, particularly the new nurse practitioner, who grills the kids about adults touching inappropriately and all that stuff. In the last few weeks alone, ACS has come down for 3 separate children.

amother

Hotpink

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
Anon Pearl here - thank you for responding.

Dr. Stein is kind and open and super chilled. She isn't the one that is causing trouble. It is the new staff, particularly the new nurse practitioner, who grills the kids about adults touching inappropriately and all that stuff. In the last few weeks alone, ACS has come down for 3 separate children.

Do you know this first hand?
I find this hard to believe. I work in a school and we needed to call ACS a few times . Unfortunately sometimes it took weeks or more for them to come down - so I find it surprising that they actually showed up three times .

Where did they come? To the doctor's office ? Child's home?

amother

Fuchsia

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:14 pm
Are you sure that all of the incidents were really minor that didn't warrant acs? How do you know they weren't legitimate? Do you know the facts of each of the cases?

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:36 pm
Anon Pearl here.

Yes, I know it first-hand. When the nurse got a young female patient to admit her father touched her inappropriately, they came down fast... The girl wasn't allowed to go home, held for hours...

amother

Cobalt

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
Anon Pearl here.

Yes, I know it first-hand. When the nurse got a young female patient to admit her father touched her inappropriately, they came down fast... The girl wasn't allowed to go home, held for hours...

You know first hand that he did nothing wrong?

Because I have no problem with ACS coming for a child being molested by her father.

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
Are you sure that all of the incidents were really minor that didn't warrant acs? How do you know they weren't legitimate? Do you know the facts of each of the cases?

Anon Fuchsia, I wish it weren't so... But it is, at least in this specific case I am involved in.
And now major damage control is needed. Taking a sheltered young girl and getting her to say things that aren't true is horrendous. The nurse came out with a statement that was so outlandish and graphic...

This is a medical professional newly in practice, with a vendetta against the heimishe community. Apparently, she feels it is her life's calling to blow the horn and cry wolf.

MagentaYenta

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
This is a medical professional newly in practice, with a vendetta against the heimishe community. Apparently, she feels it is her life's calling to blow the horn and cry wolf.

Those are some wild and damaging assumptions on your part.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Wed, May 17 2017, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Cobalt

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
Anon Fuchsia, I wish it weren't so... But it is, at least in this specific case I am involved in.
And now major damage control is needed. Taking a sheltered young girl and getting her to say things that aren't true is horrendous. The nurse came out with a statement that was so outlandish and graphic...

Again, how do you know it isn't true?

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
You know first hand that he did nothing wrong?

Because I have no problem with ACS coming for a child being molested by her father.

I would make the call personally if I had a shred of doubt that he did something wrong! I have ZERO tolerance for this... Some people believe that making such a mistake once should be forgiven. Unfortunately, you can't count me in that group... A father who touches his daughter inappropriately, even once, is sick, sick, sick.... IMHO.

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:48 pm
amother wrote:
Again, how do you know it isn't true?

Pearl Anon here... Imagine this was your brother and niece. And you know your brother darn well. And your teenage niece. And her behavior, in school, at home... Can you promise to believe it to be untrue if you heard this kind of gossip on them? Nothing is certain, but you can make a fair judgement call based on your knowledge of the people.

amother

Fuchsia

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
I would make the call personally if I had a shred of doubt that he did something wrong! I have ZERO tolerance for this... Some people believe that making such a mistake once should be forgiven. Unfortunately, you can't count me in that group... A father who touches his daughter inappropriately, even once, is sick, sick, sick.... IMHO.

So how come you are so sure that in this case it didn't happen and the young girl made it up? How do you know this? At face value the girl was making a very serious claim that would indeed warrant acs.

TentPitcher2000

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:

She is likely a lonely unmarried, unhappy woman in her 30s who is one of those people who go to counseling over Hillary Clinton's loss.

ra_mom

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:52 pm
TentPitcher2000 wrote:
She is likely a lonely unmarried, unhappy woman in her 30s who is one of those people who go to counseling over Hillary Clinton's loss.

Huh?

MagentaYenta

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:55 pm
TentPitcher2000 wrote:

Hug

Sounds like someone needs a cookie and a nap.

amother

Cobalt

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
Pearl Anon here... Imagine this was your brother and niece. And you know your brother darn well. And your teenage niece. And her behavior, in school, at home... Can you promise to believe it to be untrue if you heard this kind of gossip on them? Nothing is certain, but you can make a fair judgement call based on your knowledge of the people.

I promise to believe any teenager who finds the courage to reveal something like that.

I know that the nicest guys can be very sick on the inside, and some dysfunctional families do a very good job of hiding their problems under the rug.

crust

Post  Wed, May 17 2017, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry to bust your bubble ima Perl. If I would know my brother darn well and one of his children would say yes to a graphic question I would still believe the child.
Knock knock!! Wake up!

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:29 am
crust wrote:
I'm sorry to bust your bubble ima Perl. If I would know my brother darn well and one of his children would say yes to a graphic question I would still believe the child.
Knock knock!! Wake up!

Crust! Of course it is crucial to do due diligence, and if a child is making claims like this, something is very wrong. Now we need to find out WHAT is wrong. Did the dad really act inappropriately? Or is this a medical professional with an agenda, picking on vulnerable, insulated children who are perhaps frustrated being one of too many in a dysfunctional family dynamic, in which she will use to ''fight the war against the hasidic community covering up molesters?''

Are you saying that every time a story like this breaks, is it ALWAYS the adult accused who is at fault? How about a smart child who is a pathological liar?

amother

Apricot

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:30 am
crust wrote:
Knock knock!! Wake up!

People are blind when it is so close as family. You may think you know your brother. It's painful to believe reality.
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h