Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 30  31  32  Next

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 11:31 am
ColorMom wrote:
I wonder if she'll end up marrying Lt. Lazarus. Aside from their religious differences, he does seem like a pretty nice guy and he obviously likes Caro. Maybe he'll become more religious... Nah, not likely.

in real life they do seem like a likely match. if she were to marry wolf, it would be interesting to see where they wind up living etc. besides the frumkeit issue. he seems like a simpler guy from the shtetal. she is upper middle class. all that blathering about dresses etc. would they really have anything to talk about once they are married? gella had more substance to her. caro I really don't see it. war could change her that much?

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 11:34 am
I think htat he will be a help in making her frum and she'll join the immegrant shul... not nes. that she will marry him.

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 5:24 pm
Imhappy! wrote:
I think that he will be a help in making her frum and she'll join the immegrant shul... not nes. that she will marry him.

The Caro will marry who? Obermeyer? Not likely

The Levys will probably have to flee Charleston in the end and go to Uncle Simon. Mother will somehow become reconciled with her brother-in-law, nieces and nephews. Caro will marry her long lost cousin (Aunt Becca's son). Mose will become more religious (and use Adler's tefillin). All this will make Father very pleased. And Frances will marry Mose and they'll all live happily ever after. Smile

Come on, do you really want Caro to be stuck with a sister-in-law like Celia Lazarus?

supermama2

Post Fri, Mar 07 2014, 3:45 am
Last weeks Bina came out on Adar 1st...maybe just maybe Scotty is pulling an Adar Shtick on us...and he's really still alive..
I hope I hope I hope!

supermama2

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 4:36 pm
Scotty wrote about "making sausages" previously...I wonder if this is an allusion to things to come I.E. Obermeyer...oy.. but WOLF ach I hope he's still around Mad

myself

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 6:04 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Isnt it amazing how many of us love Mr. Wolf Adler? I asked Scotty today via email if he is her concoction of everyone's dream husband. I think all of us here would marry him in an instant.

Am I the only one that finds Wolf somewhat repulsive?

supermama2

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 3:38 am
Speak for yourself "myself" Wink

sunny90

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 5:57 am
I don't think Wolf is dead didn't he just lose an arm? That's what I understood so far.
It would make the most sense for Caro to marry him but I don't understand what he'd particularly see in her.

myself

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:52 am
Yes, he did lose an arm. Why does anyone think him dead?
By the way, when I say he's somewhat repulsive I mean his appearances.
I would assume it's his personality that everyone's loving.

rise above

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:33 am
The reason we (or I ) think he is dead is because in the summary pharagraph before last week's installment it says "... in the battle where Mose is injured and wolf is killed."

So unless that was a typo and should have said "almost" or "supposedly"...

losingweight

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:18 am
It actually said Wolf was taken behind Yankee lines. Somehow he was presumed dead. Btw can anyone tell me where the beginning of today's installment comes into the picture? Isn't this the part we read last Pesach?

Liba

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:34 am
sunny90 wrote:
I don't think Wolf is dead didn't he just lose an arm? That's what I understood so far.
It would make the most sense for Caro to marry him but I don't understand what he'd particularly see in her.

She is single, pretty, she is willing to think and grow in her yiddishkeit, engages him intellectually, and is of marriageable age.

Miri1

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:40 am
oh no, is there a chunk missing from this weeks installment?
The last column of the installment starts mid-sentence.
I don't want to spoil, so will say no more, but Scotty, did we miss something there on page 101?

Miri1

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:42 am
Scotty, your writing is exquisite.

OhWow!

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:18 am
yes! looks like there was a piece missing before the last column!

Is wolf alive or not?!?

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:45 am
wolf is alive -hes captured by the yanks.
moses thinks hes dead....

so I think.

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 1:15 pm
The last column (which was clearly cut off before) makes it clear that Wolf is still alive but injured. Not sure what that summary last week was saying then..

Scotty, please put our minds to ease- you can hide it in a spoiler, pretty please!@

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 1:28 pm
So wolf's life and death battle will now take as long as gella's birth did in the previous serial? Very Happy

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 3:23 pm
Or as long as it took for gella to almost freeze in the shed. We all know he won't die so get on with it. It isn't good for a writer to be so predictable.

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 3:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
Or as long as it took for gella to almost freeze in the shed. We all know he won't die so get on with it. It isn't good for a writer to be so predictable.

How do you KNOW he won't die? I HOPE he isn't gone. Seems that Scotty is dangling the facts behind veils and shadows. Yep, if I were Caro I'd marry him one arm and all ( if he really lost the arm, who knows ).

Cm'on Scotty, help me out here!!
Page 7 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room