Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Glee!! anyone watch it?
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:06 am
Mercedes??? Darn, and here I was hoping Sue or Will would take that part...

Barbara

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:14 am
YESHASettler wrote:
Mercedes??? Darn, and here I was hoping Sue or Will would take that part...

Sue as Frank N Furter ... there's a thought.

Thanks for the ref to Wiki, Mama Bear. I wonder why the network objected to using John Stamos. Is it the creepy older guy thing ... which would be weird, since they're letting him play Eddie ... or the transvestite thing. How can Mercedes be a sweet transvestite from transs*xual Transylvania?

csb

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:13 pm
My sister and I beleive that the episodes that are geared to a certain singer or other reference (Lady gaga, Brit Spears) are not as good as the more story line oriented episodes. The ones that are referencing something always seem so contrived and mess up the story line. just our opinion...

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 7:58 am
csb wrote:
My sister and I beleive that the episodes that are geared to a certain singer or other reference (Lady gaga, Brit Spears) are not as good as the more story line oriented episodes. The ones that are referencing something always seem so contrived and mess up the story line. just our opinion...

I tend to agree, with the exception of the Madonna episode which was amazing!!!!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 8:28 pm
Blech. Last ngiht's episode sealed it's goodbye for me... it's no longer a sweet high school musical comedy, it's become too icky to watch.

Now "Raising Hope" that was on immediately afterwards on the other hand.... now THAT made me laugh out loud non stop.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 8:36 pm
Mama Bear, I take it that you aren't a Rocky Horror fan? If you aren't familar with the movie and its cult following it would be hard to understand the episode.

I love raising Hope. The baby that plays Hope looks like one of my twins!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 8:48 pm
csb wrote:

I much prefer those episodes, since I don't care for the plot of Glee very much and mainly watch for the musical numbers.

I would have liked last night's episode much more if there'd been less talking and more Rocky Horror!!!!! The best number was the one that Yesha posted from youtube.

anon

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 8:53 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
csb wrote:

I much prefer those episodes, since I don't care for the plot of Glee very much and mainly watch for the musical numbers.

I would have liked last night's episode much more if there'd been less talking and more Rocky Horror!!!!! The best number was the one that Yesha posted from youtube.

Speaking of musicals, I recently saw Wicked on broadway...is that where you screename comes from?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 10:16 pm
I loved the songs. I love all the songs. it's the constant triangles and pining and stupidity - oh and too much shirtlessness this ep. ick.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 10:57 pm
I was so excited for this episode and to me it was a bit oof a letdown. It wasnt so interesting. I LOVED when Emma sang that solo. She has a great voice.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 12:06 am
It wasn't the Rocky Horror theme that bothered me, it was Will...he's been way to creepy stalkerish in my opinion.

and BTW I LOVE Raising Hope, it never fails to make me laugh Smile

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 12:12 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
Mama Bear, I take it that you aren't a Rocky Horror fan? If you aren't familar with the movie and its cult following it would be hard to understand the episode.

When Sue said that the audience was so upset at having a developmentally challenged person in their midst, they threw toast, I almost lost it. What a great line!

I love the cinematography, the way its made to look so bright and sharp and almost cartoonish. Other than Kurt and his dad, though, I find most of the characters to be one-dimensional with no development, and the plots to be silly. Which might be its appeal. OTOH, while the actors are clearly talented, I hate the feeling that I'm watching the Sugar Beats or muzak version of songs.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 12:45 pm
Barbara wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

When Sue said that the audience was so upset at having a developmentally challenged person in their midst, they threw toast, I almost lost it. What a great line!

I know! I guess someone would need to have "experienced" a real Rocky Horror show to "get it."
(I plead the 5th as to my own personal Rocky Horror experience)

chanala

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 1:00 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Barbara, we can easily be babies and know about this! They still have midnight showings of Rocky Horror throughout the country!

I hope you have your TP and rice ready!

Did you say rice?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 2:21 pm
I totally didn't remember toast being thrown! Maybe the theater I went to didn't allow it? Or maybe I blocked that one out. . .

http://www.rockyhorror.com/par.....t.php

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 9:33 pm
Why was Glee skipped again this week? No World Series tonight so whats the excuse?? Exploding anger

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 9:47 pm
I am annoyed! I look forward to Glee on Tuesday nights!

rb

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 10:06 am
The world series ended early, if it went the full 7 games, there would have been a game Tuesday night, so it was postponed in advance.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 10:52 pm
Soooooo many good lines tonight

Was rolling when Puck said he cant go back to juvie bec there are "no chicks and no kosher meal options" LOL

Arite - Sorry I was distracted by the waitress, she was totally into me... up walks the 65 year old waitress!!!!

I cried my eyes out when Will had to tell Beast what the kids said abt her and when he was sooooo sweet when he kissed he

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 11:40 pm
I cried through most of the episode.

(this is sooooo not appropriate for teens anymore. I'm glad my child's Occupational Therapist decided after last week's rocky horror not to let her teens watch anymore.)

btw I'm watching Season1 now - I found a facebook page with all the vids uploaded - and the show was MILES MILES better last season though.

(SweetVAlley: that line made me roll my eyes actually - kosher meals? is that the only thing he keeps? what about all the other nutso things he does that gets him into trouble, is that Jewish? LOL)
Page 7 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics