Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Kosher dunkin donuts?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:59 am
No I was looking which franchises were certified by the OU.

Now you gave me an idea - can't we buy dough in a DD store??? 8) And fry it at home?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:01 am
I believe their donuts are baked, not fried. You probably can't get the dough raw unless you're a franchise owner.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:27 am
so who wants to open a dunkin donuts franchise with me ... Mr. Green

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:39 am
So the ones you mentioned before have OU hashgacha (and are chalav stam)?

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:40 am
DefyGravity wrote:
I believe their donuts are baked, not fried. You probably can't get the dough raw unless you're a franchise owner.

Just curious but if they're baked, why are they sooo fattening?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:41 am
No, the ones I mentioned have certification, but not from the OU. I'm not sure who does the certification in Brooklyn. I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if the actual dough is certified by OU.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:43 am
Fabulous wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

Just curious but if they're baked, why are they sooo fattening?

The ingredients. Many are slathered in frosting, and full of cream. Also, I could be wrong, maybe they are fried. But I thought that dunkin baked their donuts.

I think that you can go to dunkin donuts site and they'll give you nutritional info for the donuts. I know they do it for the bagels.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:50 am
You can find nutritional information here: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/a.....tion/

I am surprised - this sample doughnut has way less calories than I thought.

Apple N' Spice Donut

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 donut
Servings 1
Calories 260
Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value, Calories: 2,000
Total Fat 11g 16%
Saturated Fat 4.5g 23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 350mg 15%
Total Carbohydrates 35g 12%
Dietary Fiber 2g 6%
Sugar 11g
Protein 4g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 8%
Calories 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9
Carbohydrate 4
Protein 4

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:53 am
Krispy Kreme is kosher at all places?

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:56 am
Quote:
Candidate Profile

Dunkin' Donuts® candidates must meet the following qualifications to be considered for a franchise opportunity:

* For all Dunkin' Donuts franchising territories, we require a minimum of $750,000 in liquid assets and a net worth of $1.5 million. The minimums do vary depending upon your market area of interest;
* A commitment to develop a portfolio of at least five units is also required. Depending upon your market area of interest, the minimum may be higher;
* A passion for and dedication to operations excellence;
* Clear understanding of the real estate development process particularly as it relates to the markets that they are developing;
* The ability to create and manage an organization that effectively recruits, trains, retains, and motivates people;
* Adequate capitalization to meet an aggressive development schedule;
* A strong desire to build incremental income through constructing and operating five or more restaurants;
* The ability to deliver a superlative customer experience while maintaining a dedication to Dunkin' Donuts' core values of Honesty, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, Respect, Fairness, and Responsibility, and ideally;
* An understanding of the local "culture" and strong ties to the community.

oh well ... What

tovasmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:59 am
Chocoholic wrote:
So the ones you mentioned before have OU hashgacha (and are chalav stam)?

The Hashgacha in Brooklyn is under something called National Kosher, which is run by a Rabbi Mehlman, from Manhattan. Ask your LOR if it is an acceptable hashgacha for you, as it is not universally accepted.

tovasmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:01 am
Chocoholic wrote:

I have seen Krispy Kremes in the supermarket with a Star D (Star K's cholov stam hashgacha) but each store needs certification on a case by case basis. I think that DH told me that the one in Grand Central Station no longer is certified

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:01 am
Chocoholic wrote:

No.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:05 am
I just called them ...

they are fried - not baked - they recently modified oils for low transfat ... all ingredients are the same (kosher) ... but not everyone is willing to spend the monies for the certification ... I guess that is why the kosher ones are in the bigger jewish communities such as new york ...

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:09 am
Great detective work!

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:12 am
The Dunkin Donuts in Chicago (West Rogers Park) is certified by the CRC (Chicago Rabbinical Council). They use powdered milk to make donuts, which is permitted by people who follow Rav Yaakov Kamenetsky's p'sak on the matter. Bagels are pareve, but are not pas Yisroel.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:13 am
When it snowed and we had a day off of school (very common in Baltimore) we used to hike there and get egg and cheese sandwiches, and hot cocoa, and doughnuts! Yum!

And then Krispy Kreme with its Hot Doghnuts light. You got a free one when it was on. And they had great flavors like pumpkin for November.

Oh well, Now I keep CY, and don't live in Baltimore. But I remember it was yum - and much cheaper then jewish stores.

orchidmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:23 am
I was told that there was a kosher cy dunkin donuts in flatbush. this was around 3 years ago so I don't know if it is still around.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:28 am
There's no way that the donuts were CY. They have CY milk on Ave J (IIRC) so some drinks can be CY.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:44 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Great detective work!

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/a.....akery

aw thanks it wasn't that hard - looked on the website for nutritional info - as per your suggestion - and since it didn't say, I called the 1-800 # ...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics