Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Coronavirus
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
West Nile Virus, Swine flu, Ebola, Zika, and now this... It's the same cycle over and over. Create fear. Create vaccine. Next.

100% with you on this. Big pharma is evil and in bed with the media and politicians.

Now can someone please move this to its rightful place so I don't have to be triggered!

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:54 pm
I saw a post on fb that the media is doing this to divert e/os att from elections or iran. So I guess some food for thought...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:00 am
The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. The 1918 flu was first observed in Europe, the United States and parts of Asia before swiftly spreading around the world. At the time, there were no effective drugs or vaccines to treat this killer flu strain. Citizens were ordered to wear masks, schools, theaters and businesses were shuttered and bodies piled up in makeshift morgues before the virus ended its deadly global march. https://www.history.com/topics.....demic

I'm sure this was just a government distraction, too.

The more I research, the better vaccines are looking to me.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:10 am
honestly with all this justified concern about this new deadly coronavirus spreading (already in US, Europe, etc) I opened this with no idea it would be about conspiracy theories.
Not to hype but China has already quarantined over 56 million people in hopes to contain it which I sincerely hope can be done. It is very contagious seems to be spread like a cold and reportedly contagious two weeks prior to visible symptoms. Screenings have been set up at many major airports.
Hashem Yishmor.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
West Nile Virus, Swine flu, Ebola, Zika, and now this... It's the same cycle over and over. Create fear. Create vaccine. Next.

Right. The Chinese govt has quarantined 56 million people just to scare the remaining 7 billion people on Earth.

It's all a big, elaborate, and very expensive plot.

nchr

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Most of those viruses have nothing to do with Americans. Also, it is generally the uneducated public that fear the diseases, not the medical profession. The biggest disease threat to the world is probably some zoonotic disease like bird flu, for reasons I will not get into now, but none of the above diseases meet the criteria. Also, these disease do not all have vaccines and are not even in areas where vaccination is profitable (I.e. it costs money to vaccinate West Africans or South Americans)

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Many ppl living south pray for a Zika vaccine.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:09 am
The biggest threat is factory farming + high density populations. All it takes is one sick chicken farmer to come into the city to run errands, and voila, an epidemic is born.

The best way to stay safe is to have free range animals, and to not live on top of each other packed in like sardines. Suburbs are safer than apartments. Driving is safer than the subway or bus.

Basically, the closer you are to each other, the worse it's going to get. That's why kids were sent to the country when outbreaks would occur in cities.

The other problem, is that the first symptoms usually present like the common cold. Nobody wants to be a big baby, so you suck it up and go to work anyway because you can't afford to lose the hours, or because you might get fired.* You feel stupid going to the doctor when it's just a cough, but within 24 hours your lungs could collapse - or it could just be a cold, and then you have a huge hospital bill for nothing.

Most people manage their health care based on financial considerations, not by symptoms. That means that the poorest people, usually in the highest density housing projects, are going to be disproportionately impacted.

*I was fired once because I didn't come in to work when I had a really bad case of the flu. I was the front desk manager, and would have come in contact with everyone who came in the front door. A lot of people at that company bragged that they NEVER took sick days, and would be coughing and sneezing all over the place. It was considered good work ethic. Confused

nchr

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 6:02 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
How is this strain different from coronavirus already seen? My daughter had coronavirus last year and Bh was no big deal. We were told that it sometimes causes pneumonia but Bh didn’t.

There are four strains of coronovirus that commonly infect humans, which I assume your daughter had. However, there are cornoviruses that also commonly infect animals - when these strains of the virus infect humans - like other zoonotic diseases- they tend to be worse than the standard strains that infect humans. Examples of strains of coronovirus that are zoonotic include SARS, MERS and this 2019 outbreak.

nchr

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 6:03 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Many ppl living south pray for a Zika vaccine.

This previous poster who another pink was responding to clearly has no concept of how viruses work or why zoonotic ones are especially virulent.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 7:53 am
wish this topic really could be under vaccinations
would be amazing if there already was a vaccination for this!
I am sure the people at "ground zero" of the infection as well as many others would be running for such a vaccination
davening for everyone to be and stay healthy

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 6:00 am
Good points. And Spanish Flu spread like that before there was air travel!
COVID-19 as they have now named this new coronavirus has already been reported in two travelers to Hawaii. So it does not seem anywhere is "immune".
Caution is advised particularly when it seems every day or so there is new information about this potentially deadly very contagious virus.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 9:02 am
Have you seen this meme that's been going around?

"If Israel develops the vaccine it should be manufactured in Judea and Samaria. Then the UN, EU, and all other anti-Semitic Israel haters can stick to their principles and boycott the vaccine!"

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 11:29 pm
CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.
Now follow with me:
In 2004, the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS-CoV. It expired on January 24, 2020 -- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.
In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.
They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zika quackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).
Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.
In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now. It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against. Guess who it was funded by? The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
You really can't make this stuff up.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 11:57 pm
actually not following
and whats your source for this?

das

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:02 am
OP, was the Black Death and other pandemics in history also the creation of Big Pharma?

banana123

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 5:14 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Have you seen this meme that's been going around?

"If Israel develops the vaccine it should be manufactured in Judea and Samaria. Then the UN, EU, and all other anti-Semitic Israel haters can stick to their principles and boycott the vaccine!"

Saw that and love it!

Maybe Ariel University will be the ones to invent it. Smile

banana123

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 5:14 am
das wrote:
OP, was the Black Death and other pandemics in history also the creation of Big Pharma?

By Big Pharma's predecessors, of course.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics