Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you have the Guts..... would u tell?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:34 pm
Tefila wrote:
Chen it eas Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, I think those rules couldn't have applyed then. Oy my age is begining to show Sad

It has nothing to do with heightened security in the wake of 9/11. It was always illegal for customs officers to appropriate for themselves items that they confiscated. They can lose their jobs for that. (Can you imagine the abuses that would go on if they were permitted to keep contraband?)

Even the guys who sort material in recycling plants are not allowed to keep or even borrow things that they remove from the waste stream. -e.g. if they are processing newspaper and a glossy magazine comes down the conveyor belt, they remove it and it goes straight into another bin to be buried in a landfill or whatever. they are not allowed to so much as read it on their lunch break and then toss it into the landfill bin.

workingallthetime

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:36 pm
greenfire - I had that exact thing happen to me....I was a first year staff working on a huge legal project in Manhattan, and was the only staff person with a bunch of partners (doing all the junk work for this project) and one of the partners walks back into the conference room where we were working (I was the only female too, out of 7 people) and has a long trail of toilet paper flying behind him tucking into his pants......

I had to tell him, b/c I knew I couldnt keep a straight face for too long (this was my first year working, and I was still a bit jittery and not great at keeping my composure), so I go around the table to tell him so that I didnt scream across the room for everyone to hear, and by the time I started telling him, I was nervously laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.....I think I was more embarrased than him. he was a pretty good sport about it.......I am laughing just thinking about it.

Tefila

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:38 pm
So chen what should I do about him now after knowning this fact. 8) Who knows it will be my word against his,, and he's probably an alta, alta, alta kake by now 8)

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:39 pm
EstiS wrote:
"yes yes, I have a whole suitcase of neshek"

what did she mean to say? or what did she think she was saying?

This story is about fifth-hand, but...the young American lady was in EY for the year of seminary. On a date with a young man, she decided to show off her newly-acquired Hebrew skills. He asked her how old she was. She meant to say "nachesh" (guess) but what she said was "nashek" (kiss). embarrassed

History is silent as to whether or not he took her up on it.

anon

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:48 pm
what's neshek? bombs? guns? knives? and what did she think she was saying?

Crayon210

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:48 pm
Neshek is roshei teivos for Neiros Shabbos Kodesh, one of the Rebbe's ten mivtzoim.

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 9:50 pm
greenfire wrote:

I asked if I could have one in jest ...

sure you can have one in jest...you can't have one for real!LOL

hey, I'd rather have s/o ask for a donut instead of the remarks I usually get which are "You really shouldn't be buying those...it's not good for you...you'll get fat...are those all for you? " From total strangers, yet! Mad

It is VERY hard to be don lechaf zechus. What, this lady (or not-such-a-gentleman) works for the Heart Association and is doing her/his part to reduce heart disease in this country? Right.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 10:31 pm
for those who asked
neshek which means amunition
is also as crayon said roshei teivos for neros shabbos kodesh and is one of the Rebbe's mivtzoim
Mrs Sternberg (whom I promise I am not she ) , is coordinator of the campaign for many years and had a suitcase full of neshek packets.

I'm almost certain I heard the story was about her but if I'm wrong then I'd appreciate someone correcting me.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 10:32 pm
chen wrote:
greenfire wrote:

I asked if I could have one in jest ...

sure you can have one in jest...you can't have one for real!LOL

hey, I'd rather have s/o ask for a donut instead of the remarks I usually get which are "You really shouldn't be buying those...it's not good for you...you'll get fat...are those all for you? "

you see the problem was my dd said I couldn't buy donuts so I thought maybe just one of the ladies would suffice ... Wink

dats me

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 6:07 am
to get back to the topic, just yesterday my husbands chavrusa was waiting at the bus stop ( in eretz yisroel) and he noticed a very frum israeli girl saying tehillim while waiting for the bus, anyway she was wearing a shirt that said in big letters on the front "im s-xy" !!!!! shock she obviously had no idea what it said and my dh chavrusa didnt know what to do, he wanted to go over and tell her not to wear it again, but was embarrassed and thought the girl would be embarrassed too that a man came over to her , and as he was agonizing a bus came and she went on. crazy , no? makes me wonder what some of those french baby outfits say!

justanothermother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:02 am

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

chen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:40 am
I wouldn't dress my children in outfits that have words I do know the meaning of. My children are not billboards.

LikeMeDoes

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:15 am
100% Chen. I never wore those GAP sweatshirts that say GAP across the front.
What? I should pay to advertise for them?!?

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:20 am
workingallthetime wrote:
greenfire - I had that exact thing happen to me....I was a first year staff working on a huge legal project in Manhattan, and was the only staff person with a bunch of partners (doing all the junk work for this project) and one of the partners walks back into the conference room where we were working (I was the only female too, out of 7 people) and has a long trail of toilet paper flying behind him tucking into his pants......

I had to tell him, b/c I knew I couldnt keep a straight face for too long (this was my first year working, and I was still a bit jittery and not great at keeping my composure), so I go around the table to tell him so that I didnt scream across the room for everyone to hear, and by the time I started telling him, I was nervously laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.....I think I was more embarrased than him. he was a pretty good sport about it.......I am laughing just thinking about it.

wow ... I didn't know this could happen more than once ... LOL Nervous

downsyndrome

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:56 am
greenfire wrote:
workingallthetime wrote:

Why? Don't people use the bathroom frequently enough for this to be able to happen countless times? LOL embarrassed LOL

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:05 am
Quote:
My children are not billboards.

Thumbs Up good one!

chen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:46 am
E&D wrote:
100% Chen. I never wore those GAP sweatshirts that say GAP across the front.
What? I should pay to advertise for them?!?

Exactly. If they want me to wear s/t with their name on it, they will have to pay me. As for comments printed on T-shirts--I see no reason to share my political/religious/humorous views with every passerby, and the random-word things are just silly.

ny21

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:28 pm
today I wore a shirt with Isreal , across it.I got it for free
at the isreali day parade.

ny21

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:02 pm
I usually dont wear cllothing with slogins on them.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:04 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
greenfire wrote:
workingallthetime wrote:

Why? Don't people use the bathroom frequently enough for this to be able to happen countless times? LOL embarrassed LOL

actually I was guessing most people would be careful not to leave with a toilet paper tail Twisted Evil
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics