Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Tells Abbas: I Support Dividing Jerusalem!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:15 pm
Thank you for giving me your context, though you definitely didn't owe it to me. I apologize that the Obamamania has gotten on my last nerve and I still can't comprehend how there are so many people out there who are completely blind to it. For the last few weeks I've been waiting for an Obama supporter to say "This Obama-as-Yoshke thing has gotten out of hand, the guy isn't perfect but there are still plenty of good reasons to vote for the man and here they are." No one has done that, and that scares me, especially when Obama supporters make statements like you did. True, he isn't the President of Israel, but statements that he made about Israel reflect on his character. I'm happy you voted, happy you are an American citizen, and happy that you can realize that politics aren't warm and fuzzy anywhere.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:17 pm
cassandra wrote:
Thank you for giving me your context, though you definitely didn't owe it to me. I apologize that the Obamamania has gotten on my last nerve and I still can't comprehend how there are so many people out there who are completely blind to it. For the last few weeks I've been waiting for an Obama supporter to say "This Obama-as-YOSHKE thing has gotten out of hand, the guy isn't perfect but there are still plenty of good reasons to vote for the man and here they are." No one has done that, and that scares me, especially when Obama supporters make statements like you did. True, he isn't the President of Israel, but statements that he made about Israel reflect on his character. I'm happy you voted, happy you are an American citizen, and happy that you can realize that politics aren't warm and fuzzy anywhere.

If politics became warm and fuzzy, I'd be very disappointed. This is my preferred vicious blood sport. I'd have to start following FOOTBALL or something if the politicians started playing nice.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:18 pm
cassandra wrote:
For the last few weeks I've been waiting for an Obama supporter to say "This Obama-as-YOSHKE thing has gotten out of hand, the guy isn't perfect but there are still plenty of good reasons to vote for the man and here they are."
Actually, I post on this board where almost everybody supports Obama, and they had this board contest where people had to post the totally over-the-top photos out there of Obama appearing like a savior. The thread title asked people to post their favorite "messianic" pictures of him, and the Democrats had a blast with it.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:18 pm
Very Happy

(To you and avigayil Miriam)

The contest doesn't answer any questions though. You can be swept up in something even if you can see others being swept up too.

anuta

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:20 pm
cassandra wrote:
the guy isn't perfect but there are still plenty of good reasons to vote for the man and here they are."

Of course I voted for him because of his policies and for REAL reasons, not just blind admiration Rolling Eyes If I based my vote on admiration, I would write in Palin, boy isn't she the CUTEST! LOL

Quote:
No one has done that, and that scares me, especially when Obama supporters make statements like you did. True, he isn't the President of Israel, but statements that he made about Israel reflect on his character. I'm happy you voted, happy you are an American citizen, and happy that you can realize that politics aren't warm and fuzzy anywhere.

Thanks. Every candidate has flaws, but for every voter one candidate's flaws outweigh the other's. I just don't believe that Obama will have enough effect on Israel anyway.
Just like I found many flaws of McCain that reflected on HIS character that were a real turnoff for me, but I am not in the business of trying to change your convictions right now.

Last edited by anuta on Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:21 pm
So what are Obama's flaws? You'll be the first Obama supporter on this board to enumerate them!

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:21 pm
Clarissa wrote:
cassandra wrote:
For the last few weeks I've been waiting for an Obama supporter to say "This Obama-as-YOSHKE thing has gotten out of hand, the guy isn't perfect but there are still plenty of good reasons to vote for the man and here they are."
Actually, I post on this board where almost everybody supports Obama, and they had this board contest where people had to post the totally over-the-top photos out there of Obama appearing like a savior. The thread title asked people to post their favorite "messianic" pictures of him, and the Democrats had a blast with it.

Ohhhhhhhhh, can you please post the link? Pretty please?

anuta

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:23 pm
cassandra wrote:
So what are Obama's flaws? You'll be the first Obama supporter on this board to enumerate them!

Why don't you start the game with enumerating some flaws of YOUR candidate?

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:25 pm
cassandra wrote:

--Lack of experience. In my ideal world, he was going to be a VP, and get seasoned for 4-8 years. Make a bunch of foreign policy trips, build connections in Washington, etc.

--I'm not a huge fan of his healthcare plan; I just like it better than McCain's.

--I think he needs to find his ideological feet a little more. He's liberal, yes, and so am I, but I want him to have a clear understanding of what that means and where we go from here.

--Obama has a lot of great ideas; I wish he's been more practical on how to implement them. I'd love to read some serious reports on this issue if his campaign would release them.

--I worry he isn't ready to handle and work with Congress yet.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:26 pm
Now it's your turn, Cassandra. Very Happy S'only fair.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:28 pm
I asked you first. I imagine you know what McCains flaws are, and they were bad enough to get you to vote against him. For me, Obama's flaws as I see him are seriously fatal, to the point that I can't understand how people can see them and vote for him. So you obviously see his flaws differently than I do, which is what I want to understand.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:29 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
cassandra wrote:

--Lack of experience. In my ideal world, he was going to be a VP, and get seasoned for 4-8 years. Make a bunch of foreign policy trips, build connections in Washington, etc.

--I'm not a huge fan of his healthcare plan; I just like it better than McCain's.

--I think he needs to find his ideological feet a little more. He's liberal, yes, and so am I, but I want him to have a clear understanding of what that means and where we go from here.

--Obama has a lot of great ideas; I wish he's been more practical on how to implement them. I'd love to read some serious reports on this issue if his campaign would release them.

--I worry he isn't ready to handle and work with Congress yet.

And when you add these things up he's still a better candidate? What is a president if not the sum of these things ?

Last edited by cassandra on Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:29 pm
You asked first. I answered, didn't I?

I didn't vote against McCain; I voted for Obama.
Last election, I didn't vote for Kerry; I voted against Bush.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:33 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:

Wait, I'm not done with you yet.

If these are his flaws, what are you voting FOR exactly? The hope that at some point he'll figure it out? And that point will come before 1/20/09?

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:36 pm
cassandra wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:

If these are his flaws, what are you voting FOR exactly? The hope that at some point he'll figure it out? And that point will come before 1/20/09?

Obama and I have similar beliefs on policy. Or, rather, more similar than McCain and I do. I want a president who supports policies I support. I believe that Obama has the good sense to surround himself with people who will advise him see (see: Biden) unlike McCain (see: Palin). He has a good head on his shoulders. I've opted for the devil I sorta know over the devil I know.

anuta

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:37 pm
cassandra wrote:
I asked you first. I imagine you know what McCains flaws are, and they were bad enough to get you to vote against him. For me, Obama's flaws as I see him are seriously fatal, to the point that I can't understand how people can see them and vote for him. So you obviously see his flaws differently than I do, which is what I want to understand.

I feel the same way about McCain, and I can't understand how people can vote for him!

The major flaw I see in Obama is his lack of experience.

As to him being bad for Israel - I just don't believe it, and I have my sources just as you have yours. His voting record on Israel is perfect. His top strategist and closest political adviser (and a personal friend) is a Brooklyn-born Jew (David Axelrod).

Besides, I believe that he is far too intelligent to do really anything to pander to radicals.

If you ask me about his plusses, the list will be much longer, and ultimately, that is what mattered to me.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:37 pm
cassandra wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:

Now care to answer the question?

I have to go do stuff now until late this evening after the returns come in. I'll see you then.

anuta

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:39 pm
Cassandra, I think, to be fair, now is your turn to be the first McCain supporter to list his flaws.

chavamom

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:40 pm
cassandra wrote:

You go first (with your candidate of course).

It goes both ways sister.

While McCain might not be the "messiah" of the Republican party, I see few supporters who are ready to be real with *his* flaws or (esp!) Palin's.

chavamom

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:41 pm
cassandra wrote:

No, sorry, not fair. You want flaws, you go first.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics