Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is everyone really a size 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

what size are you
 33%  [ 77 ]
 66%  [ 151 ]
Total Votes : 228

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:04 am
I have size 10 and 12 tops in my closer that fit and size 14 and 16 skirts. But I'm really not sure what size I am these days as I design most of my own clothing. 39"-35"-45" is the most accurate representation of my size (of course that doesn't include vertical measurements, or the fact that my narrow upper back is a size smaller than the front of me)
Signed, a pear Wink

Jeanette

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:21 am
ectomorph wrote:
Everyone I know is a size 0 or 2, has 5 or more kids, works at a respectable job and also keeps their home spotless, and cooks 4 course dinners every night.

Just one job? Slackers.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:29 am
Volunteer wrote:
To add another fact to the size confusion:

Women's clothing sizes reflect measurements around the width of the hips, waist, and bust. They have nothing to do with how tall you are! A woman who is, say, five feet tall and wears a size 2 is proportioned totally differently than a woman who is 5'8" and wears a size 2.

which is why I am grateful for the "tall" departments at gap/banana/old navy. otherwise I'd need an XXL and a good tailor.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:33 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
you are not going to get a real %, people lie about their clothing size to the detriment of everyone elses self esteem.

I do not mean to be snarky, obnoxious, or incendiary. it happens constantly in the media, the lying of sizes and weight. a "fat" pic of a celeb goes viral and said celeb goes on TV/radio/in a magazine, etc, and tells you it was just the angle, she's really just a size six. (even though you can see, just by looking at her, that there is no way that is true.)

But the poll's anonymous. I can do 0 and no one will know better.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:37 am
zaq wrote:
And you're a saint.

WADR to Penguin, why?
Do people really feel such discrimination? I don't. OK, let's be DLK chova and OP does think I'm a slovenly out of control mountain of glutinous obesity. You know what I think of OP? Poor thing. Refuah shleima and sorry she has to live under such pressure.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:39 am
Emotional wrote:
Can you believe there are some stores where I actually balloon up to a size 000? It's hard to look at myself in those store mirrors when I used to be a 0000000000000...

That reminds me, I was going to PM DrMom and have her do a binary analysis for us. Was that it?

reportrmom

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:39 am
Emotional wrote:
CLEARLY you got that way by not eating low-fat. Anyone above a size 4 is a slovenly failure, clearly lacking in self-control. Chatterbox Chatterbox Chatterbox

um. no. Speechless

Last edited by reportrmom on Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

joy613

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:43 am
reportrmom wrote:
um. no. Rolling Eyes Speechless

it's pretty obvious she was being sarcastic, and repeating what she's heard people say.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:46 am
ectomorph wrote:
Everyone I know is a size 0 or 2, has 5 or more kids, works at a respectable job and also keeps their home spotless, and cooks 4 course dinners every night.

You forgot that they have perfectly behaved (size 2) children, except for the baby. He's chubby. He's MEANT to be that way, but he'll be a toothpick by the time of his bar mitzvah. Their silver always gleams, the towels are perfectly folded with a knife edge, delicately scented with lavender, and are in color coordinated piles in the towel cupboard. Their playrooms are alphabetized. They always serve fresh salad for supper. Bake their own challos. Work full time. And do chessed!
(this only exists in the pages of your latest frum teen novel. No wonder my daughter enjoys that fantasy world so much......sigh.)

reportrmom

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:49 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
it's pretty obvious she was being sarcastic, and repeating what she's heard people say.

I know. I got it. And she knows I got it. It's what I would love to tell people who give nutrition advice. Because clearly if they are thinner than me they know better than me, right? Confused

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:49 am
Someone is getting a good laugh out of this thread, and its op. Ladies, someone put up a ridiculous poll with an unlikely post and after 4 pages still hasn't checked in again.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:06 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Well im 180 cm tall and am a size 18 20. When I got married I was a 12.

Are you 6 feet tall? You can carry it off a bit differently than the rest of us. Though I appreciate that going there from a size 12 must have been an adjustment.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:18 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Are you 6 feet tall? You can carry it off a bit differently than the rest of us. Though I appreciate that going there from a size 12 must have been an adjustment.

Yes pinky I am. Cause of my height I can hide my 93 kg. That, and I wear a gain.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:30 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Yes pinky I am. Cause of my height I can hide my 93 kg. That, and I wear a gain.

What is a gain?

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:35 am
PinkFridge wrote:
What is a gain?

Its like a corset. But made form stretchy material.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:39 am
Each brand has it's own sizing. A 2 can be really huge and an 8 really tiny.
I'm about a 4 and 5'8. I find it hard to find nice clothing at decent prices. Everything is always too short or too big. The plus sizes seem to have more choices when you are looking for more modest styles.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:17 am
Since my thigh is 22" around, my thigh is a size 2.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:35 am
reportrmom wrote:
If some of us are a bit rounder, and larger than a size ten, are we not worth even giving a voice or a vote to?

I wish I was as thin as a size ten. Haven't been that in nearly 20 years.

OP here, didn't read all the posts yet.
I actually did put a poll option for 12,14,16 and more but for some reason it did not show up. no offense to anyone.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:47 am
watergirl wrote:
Someone is getting a good laugh out of this thread, and its op. Ladies, someone put up a ridiculous poll with an unlikely post and after 4 pages still hasn't checked in again.

OP here, my apologies for anyone I may have insulted. I was not laughing at anyone at all.

I am actually a 10-12 myself and struggling to bring it down. It seems everyone in my life is just sooo thin. inc dh, regardless of what he eats. so I was wondering if they really are or am I just being blind and choosing to look only at those people?

thank you voters and posters.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:51 am
I am a size 2/4 and in some stores a 0 or a 6. I think I am pretty average because I am on the taller side of the coin.
I have seen some people who are so skinny it is scary. And not by lack of trying to gain weight that is just the way they are. Me too. Until I had my last kid and changed my BC, now I am staying a size 6 which absolutely fine for me as long as my clothes still fit me (most do if I breathe in).

And yes I know people who are overweight or on the heavier side and people would be shocked to hear because they are tall and/or carry themselves well.

I do think that just becuase a person is a size 0 doesn't mean they don't have challenges and issues like a size 22 person. Different ones maybe, but health issues all the same.
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics