Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
No one would ever imagine that I... your turn
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
That my son, in a violent fit of rage, hurt my husband badly enough to send him to the hospital.

I understand that unfortunately. My son can get like that too from time to time. He’s been physical with my husband and even threw things at him. It’s really horrible.

amother
Ballota

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:15 pm
How lonely I feel… my in laws family basically ostracized us because of a lot loshon harah and mistreatment from 1-2 people towards us.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:08 am
that my husband was addicted to watching other women...

that I know how to be a flirt [with my own husband of course]

that my marriage was on the brink of divorce more than once

that my child who I tell e/o is so happily married thank G-d is really in weekly therapy and I'm praying hard bec I'm afraid my dil may be a narcissist

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:11 am
amother Amber wrote:
...have a wonderful, intimate, healthy, loving, open, communicative relationship with my husband. B"H.

Had turbulent relationships with my parents and family as a teenager.

No magic. Just took time, therapy, maturity, a safe place to be myself.

I am the same. Great loving husband that I love and appreciate more and more each day. Took years to get to this point. Therapy and work helped.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:27 am
Hate my life and really unhappy. I know I should appreciate that bh my children are good kids, healthy. But, I grew up poor and hated it. Im 35 years old and still have to think through each purchase. I wish I had enough money.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:36 am
I had a Lesbian roommate in a very bais yaakov seminary. Graphic activity went on in my room and I was so uncomfortable that I used to stay up studying at night to avoid my room and then during the day I would feel so sick, I would either have to cut class to take a nap or I’d throw up from extreme lack of sleep.
I think some people assumed I ‘snapped’ in seminary and I know someone who noticed me vomiting and shared with others that I was bulimic.
I was dying to switch rooms but did not tell anyone because I was afraid no one would believe me . Looking back years later I am certain no one would have . Seminary was a year of trauma I try to block out. I am perfectly fine now but when I bump into anyone from seminary at all I get so triggered I could barely speak.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:51 am
Too many things to chose from.... Thanks for the laughs on some of these.

Too go off some others:
I pick my nose and eat it too.
I give off the super happy and got it together. I have dealt with horrible depression and anxiety.
I still suck my thumb- I'm in my 30th.
My husband is an addict

I shall stop there- but so much more.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:01 am
amother RosePink wrote:
that I pick my nose and eat it TMI TMI TMI TMI
not on a regular basis but randomly when no tissue around
I pick my dry skin too and eat it TMI TMI

My husband does the same and it drives me crazy! I hate it!

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:05 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Too many things to chose from.... Thanks for the laughs on some of these.

Too go off some others:
I pick my nose and eat it too.
I give off the super happy and got it together. I have dealt with horrible depression and anxiety.
I still suck my thumb- I'm in my 30th.
My husband is an addict

I shall stop there- but so much more.

I never heard of adult who does this. It’s really disgusting.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:18 am
Months can go by and I don't Daven. Then there are months I can Daven all day and say tons of Tehillim. I wonder what it would be like to just have 2 children and not many. A few months ago I would only keep 1 hour between meat and milk instead of 6. I wonder all the time what my life would be like if I didn't have ADD. I dream that I would be a great Nurse helping others. I wonder what it would have been like to go to College, graduate, How I would feel driving a car. (not because of religious reasons, just never learned.)

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:37 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Months can go by and I don't Daven. Then there are months I can Daven all day and say tons of Tehillim. I wonder what it would be like to just have 2 children and not many. A few months ago I would only keep 1 hour between meat and milk instead of 6. I wonder all the time what my life would be like if I didn't have ADD. I dream that I would be a great Nurse helping others. I wonder what it would have been like to go to College, graduate, How I would feel driving a car. (not because of religious reasons, just never learned.)

Are you suffering from depression?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:45 am
That I absolutely despise my profession although I'm very good at it but have no clue what to do instead, especially because I cannot even fathom studying again.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:53 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Hate my life and really unhappy. I know I should appreciate that bh my children are good kids, healthy. But, I grew up poor and hated it. Im 35 years old and still have to think through each purchase. I wish I had enough money.

I often feel like I hate my life too, but nothing to do with money - not that I’m rolling in that either. It’s because of the challenges I have with my kids, it’s just too much for me sometimes and I honestly don’t know how to push through. You really need to figure out how to change your perspective. Or a way to make more money. And thank Hashem a million times for your kids because I really don’t think there’s anything more painful than when your challenges ARE your children.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:05 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
I have a bunch of my childhood stuffed animals and sleep with one or two of them, and I’m in my 30’s as well. Cheers

I sleep with a stuffed animal also! I was in the hospital for a prolonged period of time and my husband brought it to me. When visitors came I would hide it 🤣 . It looks it’s age, not like someone would have just bought it for me Wink

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:20 am
amother Daylily wrote:
Are you suffering from depression?

comes and goes. Months I can be on a high. Months on a low. Taking something for it.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:22 am
That I grew up with severe neglect and emotional abuse, family members in and out of jail and psychiatric hospitals, the police and Child Protective Services were constantly in my house. I was G.O, valedictorian, went to top seminary, have my life pretty much together now.. no one would ever know

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:42 am
That I’m 2 different people, depending on who I’m with
When I’m with anyone from my childhood (old classmates, even siblings) I am quieter, less confident
The people who know me only from my adulthood know me as a confident person, not quiet at all

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:53 am
amother Blue wrote:
When I’m with anyone from my childhood (old classmates, even siblings) I am quieter, less confident
The people who know me only from my adulthood know me as a confident person, not quiet at all

Me too. I sometimes wonder who I really am.

Motherhood

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:00 am
amother Blue wrote:

This is me, too

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:05 am
Motherhood wrote:
What does this mean and how did you get sober?

I'm not that poster but I've also been addicted to sleeping and pain meds, and am now sober a few years, Chasdei Hashem.

You asked what it means and how did she get sober. If you want to learn more look for 'I've been to drug rehab AMA', I'm the OP of that thread.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics