Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for my husband and
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 12:29 pm
Nope. Still waiting to hear from the prison system. The final (probably) court date will be February 22nd.

I have an appointment with a social worker on Tuesday.

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 12:47 pm
Having you in mind.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:01 pm
Thank you.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:04 pm
Thank you.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:35 pm
why do they prolong things so much ... the agony ... hang in there ...

Marion

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:41 pm
On top of everything else you have to deal with revacha? Oy.

YALT

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 6:50 am
feb 22 is in adar - the week of purim! It should be a venahapoch hu, and everything should be for the good!

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 4:21 am
greenfire wrote:
why do they prolong things so much ... the agony ... hang in there ...

I don't know.. I think it 's teh israeli system and beaurocrasy.

I remember being in court years ago, it too over 2 years from when I filed teh complaint with the police for what ever it was .. by then I was in my 9th month with ds1 and didn't have the energy for it but still had to go.

the sentencing and the last hearing was like 4 or 6 months later.... by that time I had lost interest in what teh sentence was.... actually I had wanted jail time but teh judge decided I think on community service...I think that after over 2 years I just left it at that.... sad though...

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 9:00 am
Yesha, I just saw this... hoping that things work out for the best.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 11:41 am
Just wanted to update everyone.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their Tefillot. I honestly think it's been one of the things that have kept me sane.

On February 8th my husband was 'processed', meaning he went to the prison authority in Ramle (NOT Ramallah) and had a physical and spoke to a parole officer. He'll be working at one of the hospitals in Petach Tikvah doing 'whatever they need him to do'.... 45 hours a week, which means full time. He will NOT be getting minimum wage. At best, we can hope for about 1000NIS/month from Bituach Leumi (National Insurance - think Social Security). According to the PO, they don't send people to do work service in the Shomron so he can't even work here in Ariel.

My husband plans on also working part time with his regular job and he's doing editing/article writing for programming sites. While the plan is good, there are only so many hours in a day plus I'm not sure if he'll legally be able to work.

The PO said he'll start April 26th. On February 22nd my husband goes to court and the judge will probably make her final decision and this will all become officially official.

In addition, my husband will most likely be without a license for 7-10 years. Don't ask me how he's supposed to get to and from work once this is all over (the office he works at is looking to move and if they move to Herzeliya, my husband will be spending about 2 hours on a bus each way).

One of the things that has gotten us so frustrated is everyone's attitude - from our own lawyer to the judge to the POs my husband has spoken to with regard to how we're supposed to survive.. everyone simply shrugs their shoulder and pretty much says 'not my problem'... like this thing with the license... I'm not saying my husband shouldn't be punished, but it was an accident, a terrible tragic accident... anyway...

In an effort to bring in a few more shekels, I've started ebaying Israeli headscarves. Yael has graciously allowed me to post the link for 'my' site: http://myworld.ebay.com/headscarfseller

sneakermom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 12:32 pm
Yesha, thanks for the update. We will continue to have you and hubby in mind. I would suggest doing some mind imagery....and imagining how things will work out and it will be good. I was just reading an article how when we have positive thoughts how they open up channels for brachah. So wishing you alot of brachah and mazel and that you get through this with strength and without loss.

.... And those scarves are very beautiful.

curlytop

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 12:58 pm
Wow Yesha that is crazy OMG . I can't believe they are making him quit his job and all.
Everything should work out somehow LTovah

Tamiri

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 1:20 pm
oy.

freidasima

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 1:45 pm
Oy Yesha, I hope that it all works out for the best. Somehow...

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 2:39 pm
Oy, Yesha. I am so sorry to hear this.
May Hashem give you both koach and the wherewithal to get through this.

grace413

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 2:46 pm
So sorry that you must deal with such a difficult situation. May Hashem help you.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 2:48 pm
I'm so sorry, Yesha. I don't understand this at all - how can this be justice? How can they not take into account that a person has a family to support and just made a mistake? I hope Hashem blesses you with easy parnasa.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 3:27 pm
Yesha, this all seems freakin' ridiculous. I just don't get it.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

sarahd

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 3:29 pm
Shalhevet - that's why the only true Judge is Hashem, who can take into account all the repercussions of His decisions.

Yesha, this is so awful for you. My thoughts and tefillos are with you and your husband. I wish there was something more we could do for you. (Why don't I see any scarves for sale on your site?)

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 4:55 pm
sarahd, I usually put them up Tuesday nights (Israeli time) but I went to an 'Rosh Chodesh Erev Nashim'. I hope to have some things up tomorrow.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed