Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for my husband and
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:06 am
YALT wrote:
I don't know what a straightaway is, and I know the laws are dif. here in USA & in EY. But over here there is a law that a motorcycle is NOT allowed to ride between lanes. It's called something like line-riding or something like that. I once watched a cop pull over a motorcycle for that.
Hope all goes well.
Said some tehillim.

The guy wasn't riding between lanes.

My husband was on X Street, making a left onto Y Avenue. The guy on the motorcycle was going straight on Y Avenue.

merelyme

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:26 am
oysh, yesha, I thought you were posting to tell us the verdict! It should be good.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:36 am
Do we have a banging your head against a brick wall emoticon?

First of all ladies, thank you all SO much for your Tefilos, good wishes and support. I can't tell you how much it means to me and what chizuk it's given me today.

The short of it is there was still no final judgment. Now it's going to be January 18th.

Court today was just short of a fiasco for us. Steve wasn't there but his mother was and once again pushed for jail time for my husband. This time she had a prepared speech that almost had the judge in tears about how she's basically lost her son.

With the prosecution (under her pushing) asking for jail time it looks like the expected community service is out the window and it will be at the very least work service. Which still screws us because it means that for X months he'll be doing this and not his actual job which means no salary.

In addition, we just found out that the prosecution can appeal the judge's decision if they're not happy with it.

Right now my husband and I are just wrung out.

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:40 am
My heart goes out to you and your family...Still davening, and IY"H there should be good news the sooner the better. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you!

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:44 am
I hope it all works out! I wish I could help. This sort of thing happening is my worst nightmare. it took me years to get comfortable driving...I am terrified that I might hurt someone else.

I hope your husband is ok psychologically as well..this is a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

sarahd

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:48 am
Oh no, this sort of thing can really wreak havoc on your nerves. Please remind us before the next court date so we can say tehillim again.

freidasima

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:49 am
Yesha I hate to say this but from experience one can "get" to judges. Nothing is honest, nothing is sacred.
Read my lips. Get yourself the best lawyer you can and try to make a deal. With anyone. Otherwise no one can predict the outcome.
PM me if you need more infor. BTDT.

sarahd

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:50 am
I'm still wondering what the rationale would be for jail time. If your dh had been under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or talking on a cell phone or otherwise negligent, then maybe it would make sense. But because he didn't see someone coming around a blind curve???

freidasima

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:55 am
sarahd when bodily injury is caused to another person because of that, that's the law in EY.
If only his motorcycle had been smashed up but he would be pretty much ok, except for maybe a twisted ankle or something, then there is a fine and you lose your license for a while but that's that.

Once there is serious physical injury, it's a different law.

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:56 am
Davening for you, Yesha.

Wasn't the rider wearing any protection (helmet)? I only hear bad stories from motorcycles and can't stand them.

marina

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 7:03 am
I'm not an attorney.

I also understand she's refused mediation.

That said, have you had any contact with the victim's mother? Have you considering writing her a letter about the consequences a jail sentence would have for your family?

I think it's strange that 2 years later, she's still demanding jail time. If it was money she was demanding, that would be one thing. If it was jail time within 6 months of the accident, I could understand that. But to push for jail time so much later? That's just a little unusual, I think.

What is the perspective she is coming from? Has she not heard an apology- will your lawyer let your husband give one? What is a jail sentence for your husband going to do for her psyche? How is that going to make her feel better? If you can answer that, I think you may be able to figure out what she will accept also instead of jail time.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 7:06 am
Yesha, I agree with FS, get yourself the best possible lawyer. You need someone to advocate and work the system for you.

Will keep on davening for you. Good luck.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 7:19 am
hang in there ... while an extra month can be unnerving - it also gives you time for more strategic defense ... we'll still be here praying Hug

MetroMom

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 7:30 am
Yesha, I am new here but I read your story last night and I have to tell you that I was so deeply moved by it I was up the entire night thinking about it. At different points in my night here in the US I was thinking that they're preparing for court now, they're about to walk into court, etc.... I so badly was hoping for a culmination of a sort today. Obviously a positive one, of course, but I know how difficult it is to wait for the unknown. Please know that you have many people davening for you and your family from all over the world. The koichois of those tefillos have to go somewhere! I hope and pray with all my heart that this ends well for you and that when this is over your husband is able to find complete peace within himself for everything that happened.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:01 am
I think it's great that we're all reaching out to daven for and support OP's husband, but let's also daven for the victim of the crash, who is a quadriplegic. This is a horrible thing for a human being to endure.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:05 am
amother wrote:
I think it's great that we're all reaching out to daven for and support OP's husband, but let's also daven for the victim of the crash, who is a quadriplegic. This is a horrible thing for a human being to endure.
No one is doubting that the victim is in horrible shape, but the thread is about Yesha's family, not Steve's. I am sure Yesha and her husband feel bad enough without having to be reminded about it in a thread where THEY are asking for our tfillot.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:13 am
They're not mutually exclusive. I am praying for the best possible outcome for OP and her husband, but I'm simply reminding others that another human being needs our prayers. Having been the victim of vehicular negligence, I think we can remind ourselves that we can send support to the one we know and care about, as well as the stranger who is suffering. Of course, I hope OP and her family will get through this court ordeal with the best outcome.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
They're not mutually exclusive. I am praying for the best possible outcome for OP and her husband, but I'm simply reminding others that another human being needs our prayers. Having been the victim of vehicular negligence, I think we can remind ourselves that we can send support to the one we know and care about, as well as the stranger who is suffering. Of course, I hope OP and her family will get through this court ordeal with the best outcome.

Did you read the OP? She asked us to daven for both her husband & Steve. Not sure what chidish you are coming up with here.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:38 am
oy Hugs! May Hashem protect you and your husband.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 8:44 am
chaylizi wrote:
amother wrote:

Did you read the OP? She asked us to daven for both her husband & Steve. Not sure what chidish you are coming up with here.
Yes she did, and I'm reminding the people who are responding here. She's a wonderful person obviously, and I'm asking others to be wonderful and generous too.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed