Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Have you used Dr Mendelsohnn ENT or Dr Goldsmith ENT?
1  2  Next

gold21

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 11:04 pm
I am considering both for adenoid surgery. anyone with experience with either ENT? also, I am wondering whats preferable: it seems that dr mendelsohnn does his procedures in an outpatient facility, while dr goldsmith works in a teaching hospital (schneiders)? what does this mean? in a teaching hospital: will a resident perform the surgery? in an outpatient facility: is there backup emergency staff?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:00 am
I thought he does his sugeries in LICH. (GOLDSMITH)

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:02 am
Just went to Goldsmith, not for surgery though. He is a doll and does surgery in LICH. He came highly recommended by my pediatrician's office and Echo. Why don't you call them?

pina colada

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:02 am
I have not used either but someone I know used Dr. Goldsmith for adenoids/ tonsils surgery and was very happy with him.

mamochka

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:04 am
I worked with Dr Goldsmith. He is great. I do not know anything about your other choice.

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:28 am
Dr Goldsmith treated me a few years ago. B"H we where able to prevent surgery...

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:20 am
oh! whats LICH? a teaching hospital also? I actually have an appt with goldsmith already, but its in a month, and I made it a while ago. hard to get appts I guess.

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:24 am
gold21 wrote:
oh! whats LICH? a teaching hospital also? I actually have an appt with goldsmith already, but its in a month, and I made it a while ago. hard to get appts I guess.

first appointment if I remember was the longest wait.... he had an office in the ODA in Willy at that point and we got in there with protextzia once.... he was very nice. I saw 4 ent's in a short period so I was able to rate em....... Vistola was too in a rush for us. Bendlestein was just yuck, didn't clean his instruments before he stuck it up my nose and he didn't numb me like Goldsmith did. Guy before Goldsmith, I think his name was Edelstein was scheduling us for surgery and we went to Goldsmith for a second opinion.

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:57 am
Dr. Goldsmith is still practicing? I saw him when my 22 year old was a baby...also came highly recommended, the wait was for ever, & he was BRUTAL! And the office was so filthy I never went back. Just my experience. But most people think he's fantastic.

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:59 am
bubby wrote:
Dr. Goldsmith is still practicing? I saw him when my 22 year old was a baby...also came highly recommended, the wait was for ever, & he was BRUTAL! And the office was so filthy I never went back. Just my experience. But most people think he's fantastic.

he didn't look old to me, he had pictures of his kids, they were pretty young.... maybe you saw his father? he was so nice.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:19 am
Goldsmith is amazing!
He's at Long Island Children's Hospital in Downtown Brooklyn.
He is really nice, and an awesome doctor.
(He's not at the Schneider's center in Bensonhurst anymore.)

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:20 am
Maybe...as I said, I never went back. But this was an old geezer who was so rough with my little baby Crying Crying Crying And the office........YEUCH! His standards of hygiene were to wipe the shmutz he yanked out of DS ear on a tissue still attached in the box & as we left it was still there. I can see it now. He burst DS eardrum & sent me on my way with a baby screaming in agony. My pediatrician was horrified.

Is this why DS sometimes says "I didn't hear you."!!! Hmmmmmm. Wink

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:26 am
bubby wrote:
Maybe...as I said, I never went back. But this was an old geezer who was so rough with my little baby Crying Crying Crying And the office........YEUCH! His standards of hygiene were to wipe the shmutz he yanked out of DS ear on a tissue still attached in the box & as we left it was still there. I can see it now. He burst DS eardrum & sent me on my way with a baby screaming in agony. My pediatrician was horrified.

Is this why DS sometimes says "I didn't hear you."!!! Hmmmmmm. Wink

no, was someone else then. the Goldsmith we where discussing was nice, I went to a different ENT like the one you described, he didn't numb my nose before he stuck tubes up my nose, down my throat and then didn't sterilize it either..... Goldsmith sprayed some thing to numb the area before he approached.

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 5:10 am
Definitely can't be the same person...as I said, he was pretty old! My mistake...bad Bubby! Banging head

Sorry, Dr. G!

QUEENY

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:02 am
We go to Goldsmith every four months. He is very nice my son had tubes put in his ears. When my son was crying he took a couple quarters out of his pocket and gave it to him. The wait is usually long. We started making out appointments at 7:30 in the morning the wait is not so bad then. Appointments after school hours the wait is brutal. When my son was diagnosed with upper respitory reflux he really took care of the situation and b"h he is doing great.

tovasmom

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:20 am
I saw Dr. Goldsmith with my dd from the time she was about 1 year old +. he did her tubes. After they fell out I wanted him to put them back in and Dr. G. said no, he wanted to see if we could manage without -- he was right, and dd did not have a second surgery and b"h he actually discharged her (she does not have to see him anymore regularly) when she was four+. He is very good, young, great with the kids. I liked his old office better when he was affilated with Schneiders in LI (dd has heart problems, so her tubes surgery was in the hospital) and the office at LICH is older and dark, but it is worth it bec. he's a very good doctor.

estibesty

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 10:02 am
isnt there a big ENT in queens dr goldSTEIN?

estibesty

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 10:03 am
I used childrens hospital of philli (chop)dr handler for my sons adenoids surgery

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:13 am
you also have to wait MONTHS for an appt. I went there twice and said never again (bln) . they have an ENT in Willi for kids and I think I'll go to him if need be.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:39 am
the new york otolaryngology group.... fabulous group of dr.'s ( theres 4) offices in staten island and manhatten.. you can google them, ive had a few friends who have used them for tubes and stuff....and they were all very happy with all of them
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics