Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Interesting School Lunch ideas (that also freezes well!)
Previous  1  2

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 4:07 pm
you can also ge the mini pizza bagels and send those wrapped in tinfoil. Borekas, she can eat that just by picking it up. Rice with veggies, macaroni and cheese,

mosma

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 4:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
mosma wrote:
for DH sometimes I make a steak or grill any piece of meat the night before and put together a steak sandwich on a nice loaf of bread for him for lunch. he LOVES it.

He eats steak cold?

if you slice it thin with caramelized onions and sometimes I make a little dressing it comes out great.

elmos

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 8:53 pm
I freeze pancakes always in portions in baggies so anyof us can grab them out for lunch in the morning and it usually thaws on time. I have done the same with french toast a few times but my dh told e he prefferes when I use the ziplock baggies over the foil he says they don't get a freezer taste than and taste as if I made them a few hours before.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 8:45 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Since I'm SO busy (since I work full-time) during the week, what I normally do is make ALL sandwiches for everyone in the family on Sunday and then freeze all the sandwiches.

What a great idea!!!!! I feel like I do the same routine too many times during the week. I try to switch it up a bit - but I know a couple of the kids take certain sandwiches atleast 2x a week - I might start to do this! (if only I had extra room in my freezer - but for a time-saver like this - I will make room! TY OP!!!

Once a week I send frozen (defrosted) pizza for the kids. I bought the triangular tupperware from amazing savings and place the slice/slice and a half in there. In the morning before thekids go to school I manage to sick the pieces in the toaster to heat them thru and I tell my girls to hold the tupperware - so that the pizza doesn't flip around in their bag and loose its cheese to the cover of the tupperware.

Chocoholic wrote:
You can make cheese lasagna in those small tins and freeze them.

Fantastic idea!!! Luv that one!!!

I sometimes put some portions of baked ziti into a small container and heat it up in the morning. (A little trick that I do - is I don't put the lunch bag in the fridge over night - instead I keep the bag on the counter, and put the ziti container and any other fruits/vegis in the fridge. In the morning - I heat the ziti up and put the ziti and fruits/vegis in the bag - this way the bag is at room temp and its insulated - so hopefully the baked ziti will stay warm(ish) by the time its lunch time.

I've sent waffles and pancakes with my girls for lunch - I heat them up in the toaster in the morning. I pack the waffles in a bag, send along a little paper plate in their lunch bags and send the mini maple syrups.

ra_mom wrote:

You can also send yogurt with a granola bar.

Can you recommend any granola bars that don't have nuts added to them. When I send yogurt for lunch I always wonder if my kids will be full from it - but I like the granola bar idea as well.

I make my own nu-tfree granla - if I dont find the nut-free granola bars, maybe I will put some of my granola in a bag and send it with the yogurt.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries