Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help me pick a stroller. thanks!
Previous  1  2  3

bbmom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 7:58 am
melalyse wrote:
Why does everyone want a bassinet. I find that the newborns like the snap and go so much better. They don't want to be flat on their back. If you have a snap and go you don't have to worry about reversible handles.

If you would have seen how my DD screamed her head off every single time I put her in that car seat you'd sing a different tune. I hated that thing with a passion.

PIP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 8:07 am
I love the new zippy.
I have the old one and it held up beautifully after 6 1\ years! The new model has reversible handles. My cousin got it for $350. If I needed a new single I'd probably choose that.

imaima

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:10 am
melalyse wrote:
Why does everyone want a bassinet. I find that the newborns like the snap and go so much better. They don't want to be flat on their back. If you have a snap and go you don't have to worry about reversible handles.

it's not healthy for baby's back

chaylizi

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:12 am
imaima wrote:
melalyse wrote:

it's not healthy for baby's back

There are so many studies. It's not good for the neck & back muscles. It has been linked to infant apnea. It's worth it to get a bassinet or stroller that lies flat. As for the reversible part, I got tired of pushing the stroller backwards so my baby would see me & stop crying.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 6:08 pm
op here. thanks e/o for the replies..very usefull. now this whole "booyah" brand..has anyone heard of this? is it like the same makers of bugaboo or s/t? I just went to go test out strollers in the store and I got confused on weather I should focus on a single or to try and buy a single that can turn into a double like the city select etc.. would I really end up using it in the end? or do I want a solid single like the uppa baby and then later buy a full double? what do u think?

devy88

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
op here. thanks e/o for the replies..very usefull. now this whole "booyah" brand..has anyone heard of this? is it like the same makers of bugaboo or s/t? I just went to go test out strollers in the store and I got confused on weather I should focus on a single or to try and buy a single that can turn into a double like the city select etc.. would I really end up using it in the end? or do I want a solid single like the uppa baby and then later buy a full double? what do u think?

just to let you know, the uppababy vista comes with an optional additional seat that you can add: called the rumble seat, converts it to a double carriage

chaylizi

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 8:58 am
I've never heard of booyah.

As for the uppa baby, it is only an effective double if your child is older. At least 18 months. I use it for my 2 & it works for us. My older stroller age kid is 2.5 though.

brbs

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 9:19 am
Booyah does not have good reviews online. WHen I googled it all I could find were negatives. I'd stay away from anything I couldn't try out in person.

JollyMommy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:23 pm
ok,
I have owned within last 3 years:

peg perego venezia- so annoying, the wheels had to be locked and relocked, straps tangled, bad sunshade, sold at a garage sale
bugaboo frog-- sorry to be cliche, but this stroller is AMAZING, I loved it, used it for 3 years and just sold it on craigslist. if you have at least $300 to spend, you can buy a very nice bugaboo on craigslist.
quinny zapp-- disaster, if you hang anything on the handle the whole thing flips over, does not recline, basket is tiny. skip this! I sold it on craigslist less than a month after purchasing
city mini double (side by side)-- it's great for a double, but for some reason my baby hates it. he will only go in the bugaboo and hopefully now the uppababy. I don't know what the deal is. we have the adapter for the carseat which I user occasionally.

my kids are 6 months and 3 years old.

coming in the mail this week iyH is my new uppababy vista! horray!

I'm keeping the double city mini and hope to hold on to the uppababy for at least 3 years. I almost bought the I'coo, but the sunshade was ridiculous and the fold very difficult for me.

I tested over 15 strollers and did my research- btw I only paid $495 with free shipping for the uppababy vista from right start-- after taxes! right start had a big sale and I found an online coupon.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:40 pm
esteec, $495 is ammaazing! this was the 2010. right? ..can you tell me how to get the coupon.. and was this a web site you bought it on?...b/c thats a price I havent seen yet!

JollyMommy

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:46 pm
yes- it was the 2009 model, I got it from www.rightstart.com

it's still there today!!! for $499.99

google "coupon code for right start"-- one that comes up is TENCC try it! I don't remember which one I used, but that's what I do for whatever I buy online.

and free shipping.

it came yesturday and I am in love with it!

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 9:54 pm
We have a BABY JOGGER CITY ELITE, and we love it!

We went through the whole per perego, bebe confort (french brand) and the Graco. Not worth it!!!

We love our baby jogger.
It is very easy to maneuver and very trunk friendly (love the one hand fold system). The service is amazing.
We love the car seat adaptor (up to 20 lbs or so) and then, after 20lbs or so, you put your baby in the regular stroller.
With the car seat adaptor that you put directly on the stroller, the baby went from home, in the car seat, to the car to the stroller in a jiffy. Our little man was always snuggled in and warm B'H' What a pleasure.
We did not take the bassinette because it was not very practical and you had to change the baby from car seat to car to stroller. When you have a young baby you do not want all these changes and wake him up!!!

Anyway hope it helps.

Hatzlachah

There are so many recalls for the bugaBoo stroller regarding safety issues that I would not even touch it with a poll!!!

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 5:00 pm
OP, pm me, I might have a place where you can get the baby jogger stroller for cheaper, I don't know if I can post the info on board....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics