Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Did anyone get Mishpacha this Shabbos?
1  2  Next

realeez

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 10:46 pm
Mishpacha magazine did not come to my city and we are all wondering what is going on in the the Raizy/Avrummy story (Hearts of Gold, I think).
Can anyone update me?

soonamommy

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 11:21 pm
Chani's friend Rivka gets engaged and Chani spends time getting her the perfect gift before the lechaim. Then Bayla calls Chani on her cell phone to invite her to an inspiring speech that they both enjoy. Mr. and Mrs. Schwartz go through the list of names on their petition before mailing it to Avrummy. Raizy's face turns white when she sees what her parents are doing. She goes up to her room and finds her lechaim pictures and sits and cries, hoping Avrummy will not make this harder and will just agree to give her the get. Avrummy and his parents receive the package from the Schwartzes. Avrummy leaves the room, while his parents discuss pushing him to give Raizy a get.

Mommy912

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 11:26 pm
Does anyone get the part of the story where there is an injured girl in the hospital? I can't figure out what that has to do with anything. Who is she Question

realeez

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 11:27 pm
Thank you!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 9:16 am
Do you think they'll publish that serial once it's completed? I've been reading bits and pieces of it, but would like to read it in one form.

anyone know?

realeez

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 11:19 am
Mommy912 wrote:
Does anyone get the part of the story where there is an injured girl in the hospital? I can't figure out what that has to do with anything. Who is she Question

I believe she was chani's friend from sem who was injured.
maybe she has a brother that chani will marry?

soonamommy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 1:11 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
Mommy912 wrote:

I believe she was chani's friend from sem who was injured.
maybe she has a brother that chani will marry?

First, no problem. Wink

Second, my husband and I were also trying to figure out what Shuly and Bayla, for that matter, have to do with the storyline. At first we thought it was just to add fluff to keep the story going as long as possible (I don't know about you, but this is the first part of the Mishpacha we read each week). On second thought, it may be to give a rounder picture of Chani, the "sister caught in the middle," and her ability to see through her own pain to reach out and help someone else going through her own trauma, and to give perspective on the situation at hand. I think Shuly is the oldest, but I also think this will lend a hand in getting Chani married. Guess we'll have to wait and see Study

realeez

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 1:36 pm
soonamommy wrote:
I don't know about you, but this is the first part of the Mishpacha we read each week

Us too!

Yesterday, my dh went to a sefarim store to see if it came in yesterday b/c it was not in on Friday and when people heard him ask, everyone was wondering what happened in "the story!"

daisy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 1:43 pm
glad to see the story is moving along. we thought it was sort of stagnating for a while. Bayla is Chani's role model, but I'm not really sure what the deal is with Shuli.

realeez

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 2:20 pm
That's always the problem with these stories - they shlep and shlep and then all of a sudden in the last week's one they cram in tons!

soonamommy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 2:36 pm
queen wrote:
Do you think they'll publish that serial once it's completed? I've been reading bits and pieces of it, but would like to read it in one form.

anyone know?

Have they done this in the past?

Boys"R"Us

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 6:27 pm
When we went to get Mishpacha this week, we were told that it is changing ownership, and there won't be another one till Purim - anyone else hear that?
DK

middy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 8:26 pm
I know they printed less than usual this week, many places did not get it. I think I read that they will publish it as a book after the serial is done. that's what they do w/ the stories in the yated and hamodia. I went to 4 stores to get the mishpacha to continue the story!!

Mommy912

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 12:29 pm
I just got my Mishpacha delivered - I guess it did come out this week.

realeez

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 1:14 pm
I think they are still making less. I e-mailed them last week and they said again this week it won't be coming to my city but after that it will...

my friend in another city just read me the story - very long this week!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 1:24 pm
Hearts of Gold was controversial for a while; some people felt it made the American kollel families in EY look bad. I personally LOVE the story. sadly, it's very realistic. There ar eplenty of fathers who mess up their daughters' marraiges. In my opinion, Raizy and Avrummy are both too wimpy - why do neither of them speak up? Why are they letting Mr. Schwartz manipulate everything?

Every wednesday morning I run out to buy it then go to the nearest restaurant for a cup of coffee to QUICKLY read hearts of gold!!!

I also loved the isser'l /shprintzele strip.

queen

Post Sat, Feb 25 2006, 7:42 pm
I prsonally know s/o whos parents wrecked their marriage and they are now divorced w/ a baby. the sad thng is we think the girl would reconsider marrying the boy again....... but wouldn't be so simple after her parents have bad mouthed him Banging head for so lomg. it is very sad.

suomynona

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 3:24 am
Did anyone else read this week's story yet???!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 7:49 am
I heard from someonethat it's the final chapter of Hearts of Gold? Does that make sense???

queen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:08 am
how did it end?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room