Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What does the baby boy wear for the brit?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:08 am
I am having my first baby boy BH after Pesach and I am starting to plan things, so my dh doesnt have to go crazy with all the details.

What does the baby custom's to wear on the brit itself? I think he should wear something nicer than just a pijama.. but I need to be realistic and I guess it needs to be comfortable too.

Do I need to get 2 outfits in case baby gets dirty with the blood of the brit milah?

thanks for your advice

chilled

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 11:16 am
A widespread minhag is for the baby to wear a white outfit. I guess becuase he pure like an angel. There are many Gemachs where you can borrow a bris outfit for free and return it. They wash it so ou need not worry about getting it dirty. FYI mohelim prefer the baby wear a 2 piece outfit. Easier for them. You can bring along another comfortable outfit just in case but it usually isn't a whole messy affair if you have a good mohel.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 12:03 pm
Many wear a white bris gown/dress.

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 2:43 pm
A christening gown. Leaves easy access and doesn't put extra "pressure" on the area afterwards.

OTOH, I just put each of my boys in an easy on/easy off outfit. Both were fall/winter babies so I wanted something that the bottoms could come off but the tops could stay on for heat.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 4:05 pm
I just got a nice white velvet sleepsuit/outfit, with a matching jacket, with snaps on the bottom. no bris gemachs in my part of the world. no blood issues.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 4:32 pm
All my boys wore something white with an easy-off bottom. We never got blood on any of the outfits.

Rodent

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 9:43 pm
When I was expecting my first I bought an outfit for his mila. It is white with blue trim. It's like a gowny top (not as long as a full gown, half way down the legs length, and white pants underneath. Just take the pants off and lift the gown. All 3 of my boys have worn it for the mila (#1 wore it for his pidyon too). There has never been blood on it.

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 1:36 am
We have a little dress. My dh wore it for his bris, both my boys wore it as well as my sil's boys. It's white, early seventies style, with embroidered edges. I don't think we ever got blood on it. For the seuda I change to a nice sleeper (not that the baby tends to spend much time at the seuda!).

libramom

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:25 am
I put an off-white velour stretchy on him.
a little blood got on the onesy but it came off.
I personally hate those nerdy-shiny looking bris outfits.
to each his own...

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:29 am
Avraham Tzvi wore a simple baby gown with little stars and moons on it, hand me down from his big sisters. I chose it over the pink ones I also had in stock Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics