Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's everyone wearing....right now!
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 11:58 am
White Aberbcrombie tee-shirt with blue Abercrombie inscription, white skirt with lace motives, rings, blue&white lace necklace with blue and white cameo, purple stilettos Twisted Evil

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:05 pm
Quote:
We thought about it, but we fear that it would destroy the inscriptions inside (initials of grandparents, hebrew & secular date from 1927).

uh oh!

I can hear the stampede of all the imamother members coming

Please do not tell me u got married with that ring! Question

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:06 pm
Why is it that whenever I see this thread pop up, I always manage to be in my pajamas?

red sea

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:23 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Why is it that whenever I see this thread pop up, I always manage to be in my pajamas?

that makes 2 of us LOL so I think I'll just post my pj's

I'm wearing a cotton/spandex fitted black tank top and a pair of black short shorts with the white double lines going down the sides, one diamond and platinum anniversay band on one middle finger, a gold and ruby ring on the other middle finger, a tennis bracelet, a diamond pendant on a chain, and silver hoop earrings with crystals.

does this qualify me for the best dressed list? at least in the pajama wear section?

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:26 pm
ooooh, pajamas and jewelry; you're looking better than me!

I'm wearing a big blue tshirt that says "Old Navy" across it, with (non matching) blue plaid pajama pants, along with just a diamond anniversary band.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:34 pm
happy2beme wrote:
Quote:
We thought about it, but we fear that it would destroy the inscriptions inside (initials of grandparents, hebrew & secular date from 1927).

uh oh!

I can hear the stampede of all the Imamother members coming

Please do not tell me u got married with that ring! Question

I did. The Chief Rabbi Yoffe-Schlesinger who married us said it was kosher, and so did the rabbi of the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem. Anything else? Confused

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 12:59 pm
Ok
Sorry, if I insulted u- just it was hocked into us that the inside has to be smooth & not engraved, so when I read it- it was like a shock. but when I keep thinking about it, maybe others do differently.

Is that Rabbi sefardi or Ashkenaz?

Just wondering if the law differentiates between seph & asken or within ashkenaz too?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 1:52 pm
happy2beme wrote:
Ok
Sorry, if I insulted u- just it was hocked into us that the inside has to be smooth & not engraved, so when I read it- it was like a shock. but when I keep thinking about it, maybe others do differently.

Is that Rabbi sefardi or Ashkenaz?

Just wondering if the law differentiates between seph & asken or within ashkenaz too?

Yoffe Schlesinger is definitely Ashkenazic, Litvish "sect", extremely frum and reliable (anyone who saw my pics on OS saw that he looks so LOL!). The rabbi of the synagogue was Ashkenazic, from NY.

Don't worry, you didn't insult me at all. But I didn't want other people to come and start a controversy over my wedding c'v, because it's not just about me but also dh and the future children. You know what I mean? Smile

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 2:16 pm
ur right, sorry, I don't want to start any controversy!

jewgal84

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 2:28 pm
Right now, I'm wearing a long brown "peasanty" skirt. A light pink 3/4 t-shirt with the words "NY JEANS" written ever so slightly out of silver metal beads and white longish t-shirt that sticks out just a bit from under the pink one. I'm also weaing a brown tichel and matching socks Lady !!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 5:42 pm
happy2beme wrote:
ur right, sorry, I don't want to start any controversy!

No problem Smile

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 5:48 pm
Regarding Ruchel's ring--

I learned at one point that it is fine for there to be designs or engravings in the ring as long as the kallah knows the value of the ring.

I don't think this means that everyone has to know the exact value of her ring (I sure as anything don't), but that designed or engraved rings are not necessarily a problem.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 6:05 pm
I'm wearing a pieced flary jean skirt with a crossover yellow tunic , with paisley in summery colors and metallic thead running through it (beige shell underneath) on the crossover part and cuffs there is beige flowered lace with tiny shimmery beads and sequins. Striped socks matching my shirt and at the moment a pink sequined tichel.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 6:11 pm
Im wearing a black three quater length tee shirt, a short black bubble skirt, and black mules. yes alll black! my wedding rings, and a diamond wedding bans, and a neckalace

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 6:21 pm
Crayon210 wrote:

I learned at one point that it is fine for there to be designs or engravings in the ring as long as the kallah knows the value of the ring.

I don't think this means that everyone has to know the exact value of her ring (I sure as anything don't), but that designed or engraved rings are not necessarily a problem.

Interesting! I have to say I don't know the value of the ring... I know it's gold and old, but to me its value is sentimental. Do you think I have to find out? I've always been curious to have it expertized, just to see.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 6:28 pm
I'm not a rav. :-D

(Just telling you what I learned, no practical psak.)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 9:12 pm
nicole81 wrote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL lolololol... this really had me laughing.

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jul 28 2006, 9:25 am
Quote:

thanks crayon, that's so interesting!
guess that's my lesson a day Wink
(did we once have that on this site? if not, that would be a gr8 idea to start. halachos on anything.)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics