Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Not fining used Lego or Playmobil for cheap online
Previous  1  2

farm

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 2:01 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
farm wrote:
I find the bigger sets are worth the money- they lead to hours of adventures. For example, we have the Playmobil police station and the fire station. He will use his legos to build police cars, motorcycles, "bad guy" vehicles. He will use all his matchbox fire trucks and ambulances. He will build a house with his tinkertoys or lincoln logs and then he will have an ellaborate story using all of the stuff. When the sets are smaller, he doesn't think on such a grand scale when he plays.

Does he ever attempt to take them apart? Where do you store them? How old is your son?

We leave it assembled and store in a big rubbermade tote when we want to clean up, putting all the tiny accessories in a smaller rubbermade container- I have one for each series he has (fire, police, construction, etc.). I keep the containers in a closet in the playroom that has a lock. He has one or two main sets out at a time with various smaller sets and accessories and when he wants a different set, he needs to clean up everything that is out and put it back in its container in the closet before he can choose something else. He would love to play with all his millions of sets at once but my sanity can't handle it. He rarely takes the central piece apart and I strongly discourage him from doing so since (as you pointed out) if he looses a piece or 2 he can't rebuild it. If I see he is taking pieces off a building, I'll give him a certain amount of time to put it back together or else I will do it and then lock it in the closet. He's 6.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 2:11 pm
Thank you farm.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains