Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Anyone able to send some cereal to the uk
Previous  1  2

tweety99

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 5:29 am
just curious, what type of cereal are puffins?

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 6:06 am
pinkbubbles wrote:
they are sold in kosher kingdom for about £5 or less

Wow, typical r*p-off, highway bandit! I think we get them at Trader Joe's for less than $5 (ie £3.30) per box, that's like 50% mark-up (ok admittedly they pay for shipping and whatnots). Confirms my theory that whatever they sell for $XYZ sells for £XYZ.

tweety, puffins look a small square/pillow-shaped cereal, I think it's mainly corn/corn bran. we like it as it doesn't get soggy with milk. It's only slightly sweet and doesn't contain refined sugar/honey/cane juice. I think it's molassess sweetened.

kalsee

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 6:18 am
Quote:
tweety, puffins look a small square/pillow-shaped cereal, I think it's mainly corn/corn bran. we like it as it doesn't get soggy with milk. It's only slightly sweet and doesn't contain refined sugar/honey/cane juice. I think it's molassess sweetened.

like Life cereal?

drumjj

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 6:56 am
mrs bissli do u shop in kk? could u look for me if u go there if they have any. I buy them because its gluten free the original ones and I cant find any cereal that is good that my daughter likes that is gluten free and im struggling to find food for her to eat in the morning.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 8:11 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
pinkbubbles wrote:
they are sold in kosher kingdom for about £5 or less

Wow, typical r*p-off, highway bandit! I think we get them at Trader Joe's for less than $5 (ie £3.30) per box, that's like 50% mark-up (ok admittedly they pay for shipping and whatnots). Confirms my theory that whatever they sell for $XYZ sells for £XYZ.

the rate has gone down so theres less dollars in a pound. its not as expensive as you think. but it is expensive in comparison to cereals that are made here.

all imported things are expensive because of the shipping and taxes paid for them. then theres the profit charged on top of it. I just don't buy imported stuff if I can, wherever I am (US, UK, Israel)

mamaleh

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 9:20 am
kalsee wrote:
Quote:

like Life cereal?

More like 'Corn Bran' 'Life' is thinner and crunchier. Also similar to 'Cap'n Crunch'

Sherri

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 4:18 pm
Drumjj, did you get them?

drumjj

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 4:26 pm
yes ty. mrsbissli was very kind and sent me.
im a bit disappointed with this site yet again I see you have to be one of the ppl that causes lots of arguments to be popular and for ppl to offer to do things for u. shame really.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 6:18 pm
I can't believe I never saw this thread.
In the future, if you have a way for me to send it, I have no problem going to the store for you.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 7:38 pm
sorry I didn't see it till now either. I would have sent you some. Its one of my son's favorites too, he also is allergic to many "normal" foods. And it would be my pleasure to send you some if you need more, but I do suspect its likely cheaper to ge from Mrs Bissli, as there are no international shipping rates. But if you want some from NY, it will be my pleasure to send it! Smile

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 9:56 pm
I have someone leaving to Manchester on Sunday. Do you still need any? I'm sure they'll take some along.

drumjj

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 2:43 am
no im ok now but ty. I was in london but anyway it takes her a month to get through a box but ty anyway

tweety99

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 6:35 am
drumjj wrote:
yes ty. mrsbissli was very kind and sent me.
im a bit disappointed with this site yet again I see you have to be one of the ppl that causes lots of arguments to be popular and for ppl to offer to do things for u. shame really.

lol

drumjj

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 7:20 am
but true

tweety99

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:54 am
your right.. and sadly, such is life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics