Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Ok to daven in uman- at Rabbi Nachman's grave?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 8:33 am
I have heard that one does not go to a cemetery while menstruating, during those first 5 days.
I have not heard of a chasidish minhag that discourages a women to go while pregnant, and I am chasidish for a long time, actually since I was born.......In days of old, pregnant women used to hibernate altogether out of tznius reasons. Pregnant women stayed indoors unless it was a necessity to go out.
Even if they did go out, it was hard to figure out if they were pregnant or fat, they simply wore huge layers of clothing to hide the fact that they were expecting. Pregnancy was not glorified, it was tolerated.

Today almost no one practices that. I say almost, because women having trouble conceiving are often told to stay indoors until after they give birth, and not to discuss their pregnancies with anyone, even with their own mother! as a segula for a healthy and safe delivery. I personally know of a few people who went through this. Imagine having a close pregnant relative, who cannot talk about anything for the entire duration, not when she is due, not who her doctor is, nothing, not a word. Not even to her mother!
The less said is supposed to be better, according to many of these Rabbis giving the blessing for children.

kalsee

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 8:43 am
OP- is it because you're menstruating or pregnant (or under menstruating age Smile ?)

I , personally, have heard of not going to a kever during those times. I've never heard of not going to a shul, there are many many shuls built around kevarim. Has anyone heard of that ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions