Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is this normal boy behavior?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:20 pm
Is it typical for a 7-year-old boy to not recognize his own clothing? To take a brand new shirt from his drawer in the morning and wear it for an entire day and have no clue that he's never seen it before? Or is he unusually spaced out?

Barbara

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:29 pm
Mommeeeeeeee! wrote:
Is it typical for a 7-year-old boy to not recognize his own clothing? To take a brand new shirt from his drawer in the morning and wear it for an entire day and have no clue that he's never seen it before? Or is he unusually spaced out?

Why would a 7 year old boy care that its a new shirt?

louche

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:47 pm
What she said. Especially if he has brothers.

In our house, it's routine for boys to wear each other's clothes. Get up, grab a shirt, go. Yours, not yours, what's the diff?

What's really bad is when the dss away in yeshiva go back and take half the clothes belonging to whoever is still here.

Meema2Kids

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:53 pm
Yep. My 7 yo DS has been known to put on his brother's pants (several inches too short) and be completely oblivious. Shirts, also. He's even worn his sister's shirts and the only thing he said was that it was hard to button. LOL

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 2:56 pm
Barbara wrote:
Mommeeeeeeee! wrote:

Why would a 7 year old boy care that its a new shirt?

Not expecting him to care, just to notice. I had thought it a little bit odd for him to not be aware of it at all. From the answers here, I guess it is normal.

louche wrote:
What she said. Especially if he has brothers.

In our house, it's routine for boys to wear each other's clothes. Get up, grab a shirt, go. Yours, not yours, what's the diff?

I don't think a toddler brother would count. They could hardly wear each other's clothes.

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 3:32 pm
That's funny, because I sometimes have to ask my kids whose shirt or pants are whose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children