Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Looking for Cold Refreshing Strawberry or Fruit Soup Recipe

Chloe

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 4:12 pm
Preferably a strawberry soup (with Frozen Strawberries. I use Eden.) or any really delicious and refreshing fruit soup for the summer.

elf123

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:11 pm
Can it be milchig? I made a yummy, easy mango soup from Quick and Kosher for Shavuous. There's also a pareve one in there with mangoes and strawberries, I think.

sky

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:21 pm
These are easy and very refreshing:

Strawberry Soup

1 bag frozen strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
(or 1 container strawberries in syrup - add no sugar)
1 cup OJ
1 can pineapple - with the liquid.

blend

I like it best with the tidbits pineapple. I think it gives it a better texture. When using that size pinapple (its almost blended already) I add it right at the end and don't blend it fully. You can also serve it half frozen, so it is really really refreshing if it is hot outside.

Berry Peach Delight

this presents very nicely
Blend:
1 lb. Frozen strawberries
1 lb. Frozen raspberries (or more strawberries)
Push through a sieve to remove the seed (I don't - I like the texture the seeds give).
Mix with:
1 T vanilla sugar
1/3 cup sugar

Drain the liquid from 1 can of peach halves (10 halves per can).

Add the peaches to the sauce.

Refrigerate for 2 days (this way the peaches pick up the color of the berries).

I serve in little cups. I place one peach in the cup, the round side up. Pour the sauce on top. It looks really pretty.

It makes 10 small servings.

skcomputer

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:31 pm
I make it by feel. Put in whatever fruit you want - strawberries, rhubarb, blueberries. Cover the fruit with water and then add more to be about another 1/2 above the fruit. Put in about 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil and let cook about 20 minutes. You can use a potato masher to break up the fruit right after you take it off the heat. Then, put in 1/2 to a full packet of strawberry jello. A full packet would be used with a full, large pot otherwise use 1/2. Stir well and let cool and refridgerate over night. The jello will give the rest of the sweetness and give it some body. If you want a compote, use the same technique with less water. You may have to play with the proportions, but it works out well a lot of different ways.

Chloe

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:41 pm
Thanks everyone for sharing. They all seem delicious. I'll let you know once I try them how it turns out.

mamaleh

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:45 pm
While it doesn't have strawberries, this one is easy and refreshing. I used to make it all the time for summer Shabbos. People were always asking for the recipe and I was always embarresed to share it embarrassed

Easy Fruit Soup
1 can plums
1 can peaches
1 can pears
1 can sweet cherries

Open the cans and mix together. (If the peaches & pears are large peices you can cut them to more managable) Make sure you worn people that the plums ( & occasionaly the cherries)(might) have pits.

Enjoy!

imabima

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:45 pm
I made strawberry soup off the cuff erev Shabbos and it came out nice...
I put 4 bags semi-thawed strawberries with a can of orange juice concentrate and a handful of sugar. Add water and use immersion blender. You can keep adding more water to get it to the thickness you like. I also put in a 5th bad of strawberries that I chopped up for texture.

mrsERK

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 5:46 pm
Here is another one - it is super easy!

Ingredients:
2 bags of defrosted frozen strawberries
1 large can of crushed pineapple
¼ cup fresh mint

Directions:
Put the strawberries, pineapple and mint in the blender and puree until smooth. Serve with fresh strawberries and fresh mint as a garnish.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 4:37 am
I think there are two types of cold fruit soup: no-cook ones (which for me tastes and look more like smoothie) and cooked ones. For the latter, you can use apples, pears, stoned fruits (plums, peaches) etc. You can cook them in water, water+sweet wine, with a bit of sugar till the fruits are cooked through. If you want it a bit thicker, add a small amount (like 2teasp) of potato starch or cornflour dissolved in water, then cook 5more minutes to thicken. You can add strawberries AFTER the soup is cooked. Cool and blend.

For a bit extra, mint leaves and just a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar go very nicely with strawberries.

It's a real pain to take the pits out but fresh cherry soup is truly delicious...

CeeWhyGee

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 6:22 am
Super easy & super yummy:

1 bag frozen peaches in a pot
Cover with water add sugar to taste (about 1/2 to 1 cup)
Bring to a boil
Add one cinnamon stick
Remove from heat
Add one jar morello cherries with liquid
Cool & Refrigerate
Enjoy...

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 6:26 am
I made an easy cold fruit soup a couple weeks ago and it's now pretty much our base for smoothies.

Couple of melons, couple cans of peaches with the syrup, put into a blender, add orange juice, mint and honey and blend some more.

Then serve.

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 6:45 am
If you are in the U.S. and get blueberries (they were 99 cents on sale when I left):
Take a box or two of blueberries, add a can of pineapple (I used in it's own juice) and boil. If you have summer fruit going bad in the fruit bin, you can add that as well (cut up, of course).
Cool, add sugar to taste.
Always the best.

tiredmommy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:05 am
This one is really easy. Two bags frozen strawberries (with syrup, but if you can't find those, just add more sugar later) and two bags frozen rhubarb. Add enough water to cover three quarters of the fruit, and boil on a low flame until all fruit is dissolved. Add 1 cup sugar or Splenda if you used the sweetened strawberries, more if you didn't. Serve cold with a dollop of whipped cream.

yaelinIN

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:24 am
In the summer I make a two toned fruit soup that is gorgeous.

Mix (slightly defrosted, around 30 minutes out of the freezer) frozen peaches and/or mango and/or pineapple with either a can of pears or peaches (natural without sugar is fine) and puree in the blender. Put it in a container then mix frozen strawberries or mixed berries with some grape or cranberry juice and puree in the same blender or food processor (you don't have to clean it out in between if you use this order). Put this mixture in a separate container. Put them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.

To serve, take a large scoop of one soup (I use the light colored soup) and put it in the bowl. Put a small ladlefull in the middle of the first soup slowly and then take a knife or stirrer/skewer to swirl the dark soup artfully into the light colored soup or use two ladles to put both soups at the same time and use a knife to swirl them together a drop. Enjoy!

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:42 am
BTW, if you have any leftover fruit soup, you can just freeze to make ice lollies.

suzyq

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 11:44 am
Yael - If I made that soup on Friday afternoon would it be completely watery by shabbos lunch?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics