Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Malawach, any ideas???
1  2  Next

MimsCH

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 3:26 pm
I've got lots of malawach in the freezer, any ideas what I can do with it??

mom2six

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 3:50 pm
Yes! I made absolutely heavenly potato knishes using malawach dough. Defrost the malawach just enough so you'll be able to fold it, make any filling you like (I did mashed potatoes with fried onion and spices), fill, fold, and bake until golden. It makes a wonderful dough and is really delicouis.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 4:12 pm
I made Pizze with it. Fried the dough on both sides (VERY fattening) then put it over on a cookie sheet and added pizza sauce and american cheese. Absolutely delicious!

yummydd

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 5:24 pm
I fry it in a drop of oil on both sides and use it as a base for a starters of either liver, or mushrooms or anything really. Its delicious when fried.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:14 pm
I know someone who puts some into her cholent and whoever tastes it can't stop eating it.

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:22 pm
I put a drop of oil in a frying pan, fry until golden brown, then flip. Either put sauce and cheese on the top once u flip it and cover w foil so that the cheese melts - Pizza! or, in a sep frying pan make an omlet. Once u flip the malawach, put american cheese on the malawach and then the omlet and the cheese will melt and hold the omlet in place. YUM!

yummydd

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I know someone who puts some into her cholent and whoever tastes it can't stop eating it.

How does she do this?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:25 pm
Motheroftwins wrote:
I put a drop of oil in a frying pan, fry until golden brown, then flip. Either put sauce and cheese on the top once u flip it and cover w foil so that the cheese melts - Pizza! or, in a sep frying pan make an omlet. Once u flip the malawach, put american cheese on the malawach and then the omlet and the cheese will melt and hold the omlet in place. YUM!
Cool! Pizza without an oven.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:26 pm
yummydd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

How does she do this?
Kind of like a roll of kishka.
I will find out exactly how she does this yummydd.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 3:28 am
ra_mom wrote:
yummydd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

How does she do this?

That's technically jachnun, though I'm sure you could use a malawach base for that.

Besides the pizza idea mentioned, I sometimes do malawach spread with chummous and zaatar, or with matbucha. Or you could just sprinkle the cheese on at the end, so it's warm, but not actually melted.

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 3:49 am
cabbage rugelach (from the mishpacha I think)
cinnamon or chocolate pinwheels - sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar or cocoa and sugar - roll up and slice - then bake - for pizza wheels - cheese and sauce.
deli roll rugelach

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 9:09 pm
yOungM0mmy wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
yummydd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

How does she do this?

That's technically jachnun, though I'm sure you could use a malawach base for that.

Besides the pizza idea mentioned, I sometimes do malawach spread with chummous and zaatar, or with matbucha. Or you could just sprinkle the cheese on at the end, so it's warm, but not actually melted.

Yes, I was going to mention jachnun.

I like making the pizza. fast and easy.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 8:39 am
yummydd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

How does she do this?
She just puts the Malawach as is, on top of the cholent. She says they can't stop eating it all Shabbos.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 9:32 am
I have a friend who makes danishes with it. You cut each malawach in half, fill with cherry pie filling, fold like an envelope, sprinkle with confectionary sugar, and bake. It's ridiculously easy, and comes out really good!

yummydd

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 9:37 am
ra_mom wrote:
yummydd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

How does she do this?
She just puts the Malawach as is, on top of the cholent. She says they can't stop eating it all Shabbos.

thanks ra-mom.

redt85

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 9:38 am
I also had a ton in my freezer.I used it for deli rolls and it came out great.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:10 am
Motheroftwins, I just wanted to thank you for stovetop malawach pizza idea!
As I was preparing my cheesy spinach topping for our pizza dinner last night, I realized that I had bought the wrong pizza dough. It was minutes before supertime and I did not have time to whip up a batch of homemade dough. Remembering your post about the malawach, I took some out of the freezer and made stovetop pizza. It was delicious! (and heavy!)
We really enjoyed it. Thank you so much!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:37 am
think I can do something like franks and blanks? I forgot to buy flaky squares and eanted to make mini franks and blanks.. can I sue the malawach dough?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:41 am
I think so!

Prez

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 10:03 am
I love malawach! You can make pizza malawach as mentioned above, except I don't fry it before, I just add ketchup, spices, cheese and toppings and bake for about ten-fifteen min. I also put one piece on top of my cholent before shabbos- it doesn't go in- it is on top, and becomes doughey and yummy..mmm
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics