Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your most delicious chicken recipe
Previous  1  2  3

red sea

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 9:09 pm
this is our standard usual thing;

coat the chicken with bbq sauce and coat with corn flake crumbs (no skin) bake covered until last 15 uncovered

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 10:45 pm
A Tip:

Marinade the chicken in the baking pan, in the sauce or spices that you would like to use. The longer it marinades, the moister and more flavorful it gets...

Just make sure to flip the pieces every 2 hrs or so to distribute the marinade...

chavamom

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 12:13 am
letsbehonest wrote:
Any sugggestion for a less rich type of chicken- w/o a jar of jam, or a pkg. of onion soup mix or other non healthy, highly chemical ingredients?

This is what I make most weeks (b/c my kids have a fit if I make something else)

In a gallon ziplock bag I put 1 c. matzah meal or bread crumbs and 1 T. lemon-pepper (the spice, no chemicals, it's pepper and lemon zest)

Add chicken pieces to bag, shake to coat.

Put in a pan and drizzle with olive oil (sparingly, not drowned)

Bake uncovered and baste with oil before last 10 minutes to brown nicely.

I cover with foil and keep in a warm oven until we are ready to eat.

YUM (and easy).

chavamom

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 12:16 am
Oh, here is one more that you can make on top of the stove in a pan OR in the oven.

Tzivia's Sephardic Chicken

Slice potatoes to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with salt, garlic, cinnamon, paprika and tumeric. Put chicken on top of potatos, sprinkle with same spice mixture. Add a bit of lemon juice or white wine (or both) to the pan. Cover tightly and either cook on med. heat on top of stove until chicken is cooked through or bake in oven until the same.

ruthanne

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 10:05 am
ZOFIT wrote:
My absolutely favorite chicken gets me compliments every time:

Sprinke chicken with seasoning ie: paprika, garlic powder, some cumin. Put in baking pan with sliced onions and sweet potatoes.

Bake in oven for approx. 1 1/2-2 hours.(covered)

Remove silver foil and spread generously with DUCK SAUCE. let bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.

Goes great with Kus-kus or white rice,

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the recipe! I'm making it for dinner tonight Smile

anuta

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 8:44 pm
Here is my standby Fri night chicken recipe...
My husband is into healthy eating, and likes simple things - he didn't appreaciate all the chicken baked with sauces I made in the beginning of our marriage. So here it is. Everybody loves it and asks for the recipe. Its so simple.

Put chicken leg quarters in the baking container skin up. Sprinkle the skin with spices - they vary - typically garlic powder, onion powder, paprika for color, can use some pepper, and kosher (coarse) salt, that's the key ingredient. Put in 375 deg oven for at least 1 hr 20 min, UNCOVERED, until skin is nice and crusty (beige - light brown), and the fat has melted off.

m&m

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 11:47 pm
This is soo easy and flavorful and juicy: (Even the whites end up being juicy)

drizzle a bit of oil on the chix
cover with flavored bread crumbs
drizzle honey over the breadcrumbs
sprinkle soy sauce over the honey

The key is to be generous with the ingredients.
It sounds like a funny combination. Just try it, you will love the ease and taste!!

Esther01

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 12:53 am
anuta wrote:
Here is my standby Fri night chicken recipe...
My husband is into healthy eating, and likes simple things - he didn't appreaciate all the chicken baked with sauces I made in the beginning of our marriage. So here it is. Everybody loves it and asks for the recipe. Its so simple.

Put chicken leg quarters in the baking container skin up. Sprinkle the skin with spices - they vary - typically garlic powder, onion powder, paprika for color, can use some pepper, and kosher (coarse) salt, that's the key ingredient. Put in 375 deg oven for at least 1 hr 20 min, UNCOVERED, until skin is nice and crusty (beige - light brown), and the fat has melted off.

I prepare mine pretty similar but I bake it differently. I like when the chicken is soft and juicy. I cover the chicken with foil and bake on 350 for at least 3 hours. it comes out soooo soft!!! it's delicious.

batya_d

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 2:29 am
m&m wrote:
This is soo easy and flavorful and juicy: (Even the whites end up being juicy)

drizzle a bit of oil on the chix
cover with flavored bread crumbs
drizzle honey over the breadcrumbs
sprinkle soy sauce over the honey

The key is to be generous with the ingredients.
It sounds like a funny combination. Just try it, you will love the ease and taste!!

M&M, that sounds absolutely delish!! Thanks, I have SO many great new recipes from this thread!

mumof1

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 7:28 am
I always serve a roast and chicken friday night so I make the chicken cutlets not bottoms
for the cutlets I use the saucy chicken cutlet from kosher pallette 2 its amazing and so soft, I add 1/2 cup of sweet red wine its delish!

koolmother

Post Wed, Dec 06 2006, 9:25 am
the best chicken I find and that always goes is......

put duck sauce on chicken, cover bake for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours covered than uncover for 20 minutes

LikeMeDoes

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 6:14 pm
Quote:
anonymous because I've given this recipe to many of my friends. it is a big hit every time we have guests.

saute an onion
add 1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
mix well on fire

pour onto chicken. bake covered for 1 1/4 hrs. then uncovered for 1/2 hr. on 350.

easy and delicious sweet and sour recipe

Shame you were anonymous.

I copied this recipe a while ago an just made it this Shabbos. I went searching for this thread so I could find your name and PM you to thank you but I can't! Oh well, if you ever read this, consider yourself thanked. It came out delicious!

Chani

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 7:41 pm
saute a little chopped onion
make a roux
add equal parts chicken broth and sherry (or a dry white wine)
add sundried tomatoes either chopped or cut into matchsticks
I add some seasoning - a little salt, pepper, garlic, maybe basil as well (really depends on what's at hand).

pour over chicken cutlets and bake covered.

Okay, it's not the absolute easiest (although it really isn't THAT hard), but it always gets good reviews! great served over rice.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 8:07 pm
E&D - that would be me! ask me whatever youw ant!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 8:13 pm
I thought u dont post as amother

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 9:46 pm
I’m a carnivore and I haven’t touched chicken in more than a decade. I serve chicken from the chicken soup every Friday night for my husband, and I just don’t touch it. I’m looking for ideas for a meat-based dish that is suitable for shabbos (best quality cuts) and is a recipe that won’t dry out from overheating on the blech. Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 9:54 pm
Yup, after my one year anniversary here, I started posting anonymously . . . .

With, you only eat red meat; never chicken or turkey? Not even cutlets or ground turkey/chicken?

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:06 pm
nope, and no fish either. YUCK. which means I'm rarely fleishig.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey