Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black skirt to wear under dresses
Previous  1  2  3  Next

NativeMom

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 3:58 pm
Hardtail makes a short pencil like stretchy skirt, when I bought it they told me that people wear them under sweaterdresses and the like. I wear pencil skirts with leggings all the time rather than wear a skirt under a shorter shirtdress and I think the legging look looks nicer with just a dress rather than wearing the skirt underneath.

Sherri

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 5:04 pm
Elzees sells a short slinky skirt for 10 bucks.

fmt4

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 7:04 pm
Leggings are cute but much less dressy.

Thanks everyone for your help, I ordered the one from Junee.

anonymom

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 10:43 pm
Is anyone else confused by this entire thread. I am just so clueless!

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 10:49 pm
anonymom wrote:

Let me try to explain. There is a new trend to wear tunics. Those are defined as something between a dress and a long shirt. They usually fall to mid-thigh and are fashioned like a jumper-dress. They were originally created to wear with leggings as the secular community wears them, however it is not befitting for those that cover their knees with a skirt. Enter this new skirt, fashioned out of the same material used for shells. It is very thin and clings to your body on top, and gets looser by your knees. You can wear it higher or lower depending on your height. You wear it under a tunic to make it acceptable length. I think of it as a shell-skirt. It's designed to make a tunic or short dress tzanua in the same way a shell is designed to make a top tzanua. It is inexpensive and can be worn with multiple tunics. I got one with several tunics and I really love it. Mine is a Linda Leal - the same company that is famous for their shells.

spoons

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 10:52 pm
anonymom wrote:

not confused but...I just don't get why we are buying anything out there these days and just adding skirts and tops to make them tzanua.
Don't get me wrong, I have short sleeved tops/sweaters/dresses...that I wear a "kiki" under, but NOT ALL things can you do this to- like plunging necklined dresses, spaghetti strapped s-xy dresses...just looks wrong, IMO.
I've only seen young girls wearing this style with the skirt under, and again, it only works with certain types of dresses, I think. I guess the "tunic" ones you are describing it looks cute. I'm assuming you don't mean regular dresses that are just too short?

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:30 pm
spoons wrote:
anonymom wrote:

not confused but...I just don't get why we are buying anything out there these days and just adding skirts and tops to make them tzanua.
Don't get me wrong, I have short sleeved tops/sweaters/dresses...that I wear a "kiki" under, but NOT ALL things can you do this to- like plunging necklined dresses, spaghetti strapped s-xy dresses...just looks wrong, IMO.
I've only seen young girls wearing this style with the skirt under, and again, it only works with certain types of dresses, I think. I guess the "tunic" ones you are describing it looks cute. I'm assuming you don't mean regular dresses that are just too short?

Many of the tunics have a "dress" look. I don't quite understand your first sentence. You use your individual taste and sensitivity to find things that you feel look tzanua on you. We all have different barometers used to measure what we feel is tznius. There are different opinions and obviously each one uses her own discretion and barometers with which to measure. In no way did I state that this a shell or "shell" skirt is used to make "anything" tzanua.

spoons

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:50 pm
The OP asked about a skirt to use under a dress that was "too short" (not tzanua FOR HER).

I'm more coming actually from the fashion aspect of it, not the tzanua part.
not intended to create an argument here!

BusyBeeMommy

Post Wed, Sep 08 2010, 11:44 am
Yeah I see what you're saying, it looks funny under some dresses, you can't use it for all. I assume the OP was talking about a tunic. Although you never know what will become in style. Remember when nobody would ever think of wearing cap-sleeves? That was considered the nerdiest thing alive. Now nobody looks twice.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 08 2010, 11:53 am
Wearing another skirt under is nothing new!

http://szarka.typepad.com/.a/6.....800wi

http://www.lib-art.com/imgpain.....r.jpg

sky

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 10:31 am
Which skirt from Junee?
Also does anyone have the Tabeez skirt? How short is it?

sky

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:10 am
or any place to buy such a skirt in Lakewood?

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 4:57 pm
TehillaHadassah wrote:
Woman Within online. I have been wearing their skirts for years. You may have to take them up.

which skirt on the site?

freidasima

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 5:02 pm
And this tight long skirt is tznius? I thought tznius is that you dress so that people don't turn around to look twice at what you are wearing...

sky

Post Sat, Oct 16 2010, 11:42 pm
freidasima wrote:
And this tight long skirt is tznius? I thought tznius is that you dress so that people don't turn around to look twice at what you are wearing...

I have a sweater dress that is very loose, but it hits me above my knees. I want a skirt that will cover me knees, including when I sit, but will not be bulky so to change the shape of the sweater.
Nothing tight or to cause second glances. The ones I see online look to short on Tabeez, and on Junee I can't figure out which one to get.

amother

Post Sat, Oct 16 2010, 11:49 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
My girls started wearing this style and I think it's really cute (assuming their knees are well covered, you hear me, ladies, I think you all are out there ;-) And I think it's a Junee.

Yup! They are Junee's! Wink

sky

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
My girls started wearing this style and I think it's really cute (assuming their knees are well covered, you hear me, ladies, I think you all are out there ;-) And I think it's a Junee.

Yup! They are Junee's! Wink

What style skirt? What is the name of it on the website or can you link to it? Is the length good?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 10:30 am
anyone know which junee skirt????

sky

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 10:48 am
I bought the Junee skirt. I don't remember the name - I bought it in a store but it was too short and it went back. I don't see it on their website. They do have a skirt called "Longer" that looks like it may do the job.
I got another one at the store with a fold over top so that I can wear it as long as I like.

Mommyme1

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:55 am
I have the Hardtail skirt - I think it's called a 'bandgage skirt'. It's so not long enough if I wear it where I usually wear skirts but since it's under something else and you can't see where it rests I push it way down on my hips. It doesn't work for everything though and I wear a pencil skirt for some of my long sweaters.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics