Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Need inspiration or a fire under by behind...

imabima

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 4:27 pm
Please help. I'm tired of cooking, serving, cleaning, etc from meals. I don't even have any guests scheduled for Succos which I know I'll regret when we're bored over yontif. Please, advice to get in the mood? I'm burnt out emotionally and physically.

Depressed

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 4:36 pm
Get take-out if you can . If you dont have any guests anyway, dont go ovverboard. Can you do the cooking/preparing together with your husb.

If he is working non-stop then be motivated by fact he is taking such good care of you, if he isnt you should enjoy cooking/preparing together . If he isnt working much, and it isnt fun doing it together with him, then dont be a martyr, just chill and read books about Succos..

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 4:58 pm
imabima wrote:
Please help. I'm tired of cooking

Make enough for more than one meal at a time; before yomtov I make ALL the brisket and ALL the stuffed cabbage, kugels, honey cakes, etc., for the whole month. Suit yourself in that regard.

imabima wrote:
Please help. I'm tired of ... serving, cleaning, etc from meals.

Serving/cleaning - use disposable. Treat yourself.

imabima wrote:
I don't even have any guests scheduled for Succos which I know I'll regret when we're bored over yontif.

It's Ok not to always have guests. Get yourself some good reading material and take a few long naps. You deserve it !

imabima wrote:
I'm burnt out emotionally and physically.

Can you get invited out for some meals ?

imabima

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 5:41 pm
Thanks for your replies. I did cook a ton for Rosh Hashana. I have lots of things frozen but I'm getting ill even thinking of these foods again! Yech. I can't eat them even though I cooked them with Succos in mind.

sneakermom

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 5:51 pm
I know how you feel. I'm tired too. And kind of freaked because I don't know how I'm going to get it all done on time.
Could you think of the kind of food you are interested in eating on Succos? Like I know I'm very in the mood of meat soup with veggies in it. It's simple to make and I'm just kind of craving it. So maybe I'll do that for the night meals or at least some of them.

Keep it very very simple. And buy a lot of fruits and veggies and make salads. YUM.

Also figure out what you can do to make yourself look forward to the Yom Tov, for me it's a new kikki rikki (if I get to the store) and I don't know what else. But whatever does it for you.

Chag Sameach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics